NBC Sports Edge Forums

Start Polanco or Ellsbury this week? It's playoffs..whir

sugarsmack

Points league, roster in sig. Have Ellsbury on the bench but he's been better lately (though half his points from last week he got yesterday). Stay with Polanco or put Jacoby back in? Polanco has been great on the road. Or start both & bench Reyes (though he has 7 games at Coors this week..and I'm not benching Lindor).

Wow that is a really tough call. For starters, stick with Reyes - he actually plays eight at home thanks to the DH tomorrow.

Looking at your roster, playing it safe and sticking with Polanco prob makes the most sense, however I'm generally more of an instinct/risk taker when it comes to two similiar guys. Personally, I'd roll with Jacoby because I love the matchups (3 at Boston, 3 at home vs all Tampa righties I think). Polanco has been great lately, but I have a feeling that weekend series at St Louis will be a bunch of low scoring, pitcher duel affairs.

That said, you could legitimately make an argument for playing either guy.

Good luck!

Agreed, Ellsbury's matchups aren't making it easier & he's been batting well over .300 during his hot streak. But of course when you look at Polanco's splits in STL he's actually excelled there..ugggghh

It is a close call... But honestly I'd put my faith in the proven vet. Jacoby has been hitting so well lately he could be back on track. Polanco could slump at a moments notice. Either way I'm sure they will score very similar points, Jacoby just has a safer floor in my eyes.

WHIR me back @: http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=534495

Archived