NBC Sports Edge Forums

First Pick in .5 PPR 14 Teamer

Nac187

My draft is tomorrow. I got the 1st pick in .5 ppr 14 teams. I am keeping Steve Smith in the 11th rd so it could play into my strategy. Problem is one day im leaning Brown then the next Belll then Peterson. I need someone legitimate reasons on who I should go with here. Below is my reasoning so far.

Bell- I know a lot of people will say Bell, but in a 14 teamer I think it might be risky bc i am not sure if I will like any rbs that make it back to me in rd 2 & 3. I'd be aiming for Miller or Gore and then getting a WR like Hopkins, Evans or Matthews.

Brown- I actually like the fact of having him as my first pick bc he is reliable week to week and I know I would grab 2 rbs in rd 2 & 3 for sure and I can wait on WR a little bit since I have Smith as a flex.

AP- He could be huge or could be a dissapointment to me. I think he is the riskiest pick out of all 3 guys imo. I would need some serious convincing to take him and Im even a Vikes fan believe it or not.

So who should I take guys?? Will HELP IN RETURN!

Considering I went into my draft targeting AP my vote goes to him. Although, I was 5th pick so that should be factored in. I just have a hard time using a #1 pick on a guy who will miss the first two games. If it's full point PPR I'd say go for Bell or Brown. If you feel like you can comfortably land Miller later then Brown wouldn't be a bad choice.

My gut says AP, but Brown and Bell are both great options. My concern is that the RB field is so questionable this season: murky situations in DAL, TEN, ARI, NO (Ingram/Spiller could hurt one another), DET (Bell still starting? Abdullah taking over?), NYG, etc. etc. I'd like to grab the guys you know will start and keep their jobs. WR is much deeper than RB, so I tend to wait a bit there.

I like Bell - he was the #1 RB in PPR last year and while he'll miss those first two games, you should have enough RB/WR to cover him since there aren't any bye weeks yet.

Are you keeping anyone besides Smith?

Archived