NBC Sports EDGE Forums

When the comish blatantly cheats...

LarryChip10

Not sure where this belongs, but our H2H playoffs started today and 1 1/2 hrs after lineups locked, our comish took a guy out of his active/scoring roster and put a different guy in his place. Since lineups were locked for the 3 week battle royal, no additional add/drops are permitted for the year, or changes allowed to any of the 4 playoff teams rosters... You are locked in!

So I notice that player A was dropped @ 11:30, and the move is listed in Red on CBS, indicating a comish over ride. This is his OWN team mind you! So when you look at "scoring", it shows the new guy as Utility. When you look at "my team", it shows the new guy on his injured section, and nobody in Utility, as player A was dropped this morning.

Wtf? Seriously? Thoughts?

Call him out

Yeah - make as big a deal you can out of it to infiltrate his "comfort zone" a bit and then hold out as long as you can next year before quitting the league at the last minute - forcing him to once again get out of his "comfort zone".

I'm a commish - these are nightmare tactics that cause a lot of problems. This commish deserves it.

Call him out

Oh I did, he's been dead silent.

Ironically, one of the other playoff teams replied "we all saw it, only you care", and "it's the playoffs, let it go."

Now I would normally be done with all of it once playoffs end, but this is Dynasty and my team is young and STACKED. I've patiently waited 5 years for many diaper dandies to come of age, and have Urias, Giolito, A. Reyes, etc... to compliment an awesome staff.

Do you just walk away from all your work? If you stay are you saying "it's cool" to blatant cheating by the comish?

Call him out

Yeah - make as big a deal you can out of it to infiltrate his "comfort zone" a bit and then hold out as long as you can next year before quitting the league at the last minute - forcing him to once again get out of his "comfort zone".

I'm a commish - these are nightmare tactics that cause a lot of problems. This commish deserves it.

Good points! I'm a comish also, and any move I EVER make is completely transparent. If I need to reverse anything, edit service time, etc... I will also post a message to the league explaining the move and why the transaction shows up in Red.

The best part is, he exchanged one crappy player for another. The original guy was already accruing points, and the only reason I noticed was his point total going the wrong way... lol

Judgment call for you. It's clearly crap, but did he gain an advantage somehow? Did he use info gained with the extra time - changing his lineup based on his opponent's or something? Or just get a move in late?

Either way is crap, but if it's the first scenario, I'd bail on the league in a heartbeat, no matter how stacked my team may be going forward. If it's the 2nd, maybe you can stick around, if you can get him to agree to stick to the actual rules.

Surprising none of your other leaguemates care. That's pretty disappointing.

I'd probably bail in any event, but I can understand you not wanting to walk away from what you've built.

Been in that exact situation. Usually problems in dynasty leagues arise because the commish didn't think things through ahead of time, then throws something against the wall when it comes down to it. In your case, it's just blatant cheating, which is worse. Sucks to throw away years of work, but if he cheats now, he'll cheat again. That's why i don't mess with dynasty anymore. Too much can go wrong and put a lot of hard work down the drain.

I'm leaving a deep keeper league I've been in for 9 years so I know how it feels to be invested in a league for so long that you feel like you can't just quit but things have gone on in that league the last few years that is making me quit.

I feel like your commish may have done this before in the past but nobody have noticed. Whether he has done shady stuff like this before the bottomline is that he just got caught and he isn't even acknowledging you. And it doesn't seem that any of your league-mates are on your side.

It's probably best to just cut your losses and leave the league. Maybe you should trade away all of your top guys for old veterans just to make it impossible for him to find a replacement for your team. Make the commish's job harder at all costs.

Is there anything you can do to torpedo the balance of power this season? I wouldn't wait till next season. Like bench all your players or something ... Clearly you should bail on the league though. I wouldn't stand for it for one second, as someone mentioned it's not the last and probably not the first time he's cheated. All a game is is a set of rules, if people - especially the commish - can't abide by those rules, it's a sham. Disappointing to lose all your work but it's a sunk cost now.

Yeah two things. For me, the fact that the commish is cheating is pretty disappointing and intolerable, but the fact that the rest of the league doesn't care....yeah that's not a league I'd want to be in, personally.

I appreciate the feedback, for me it's the principle of a comish cheating... Plain and simple.

I assume nobody cares because 6 of the 10 teams are not going to look at their rosters for another few months, they are done w/ the season. On one hand, I feel like the only get back is to take everyone's $ over the next few years w/ a team built to dominate. On the other, I'm raising a child to be a good honest person who doesn't tollorate ish like this... Conundrum!

Archived