NBC Sports EDGE Forums

When the comish blatantly cheats...

LarryChip10

Regardless of whether it's a $1,000 dollar buy-in or simply for fun, this is unacceptable.

Finish the year out if you still have a chance to cash, then just leave. No point in ruining the league for the other people, even if they don't care about this overtly cheating commish. But definitely post a message/send emails so that those who are out of it and not checking know what shenaniganery is going on in the league.

As for the commish, I for one certainly condone posting this dude's email address to this particular forum. I'd also take it in a PM.

Has he done these kind of moves for other teams in the past? The commissioner of one of my baseball leagues will put in a starting pitcher or hitter you had on you bench if you text him about it within a reasonable time. I had Chris Sale on my bench and texted him during the third inning once and he added him to my lineup even though I was playing against him. If he did the same thing to his lineup I wouldn't have a problem.

However if this is an isolated incident and he is just giving himself the edge here then talk to him about it. Post in the league as to why this is unacceptable especially for the commissioner to be doing this. If you are playing him people might think it's just sour grapes but let them know it's more than that.

As for leaving the league, I think that's up to you. If I had a dynasty team i loved that I own for years and put lots of work into Id want to stay the course. But leaving the league makes sense also because it's kind of bull.

Has he done these kind of moves for other teams in the past? The commissioner of one of my baseball leagues will put in a starting pitcher or hitter you had on you bench if you text him about it within a reasonable time. I had Chris Sale on my bench and texted him during the third inning once and he added him to my lineup even though I was playing against him. If he did the same thing to his lineup I wouldn't have a problem.

However if this is an isolated incident and he is just giving himself the edge here then talk to him about it. Post in the league as to why this is unacceptable especially for the commissioner to be doing this. If you are playing him people might think it's just sour grapes but let them know it's more than that.

As for leaving the league, I think that's up to you. If I had a dynasty team i loved that I own for years and put lots of work into Id want to stay the course. But leaving the league makes sense also because it's kind of bull.

Had to check your roster and make sure you weren't in my league. I'm the commish and I do this stuff all the time. If I see someone doesn't have a starter in their lineup I will text them and offer to make the move for them if they are not able. I also one time undid a player transaction when someone mistakenly dropped Patrick Corbin.

Had to check your roster and make sure you weren't in my league. I'm the commish and I do this stuff all the time. If I see someone doesn't have a starter in their lineup I will text them and offer to make the move for them if they are not able. I also one time undid a player transaction when someone mistakenly dropped Patrick Corbin.

Sometimes that takes it too far, benching or startin players, roster management in general. Say the roster went stale two weeks ago and you just noticed it and fixed it. Whoever played them the first two weeks gains an advantage. If everyone ponies up the same bucks, it can be unjust for a commish to change the roster. Nothing wrong with encouraging the owner to wake up. But even then, say you tell them to wake up and it happens to be a match up they have vs a team you need to lose. That can been seen as just as shady unless stated prior to the start of league that these tactics will be implemented on the discretion of the commish. I used to do these things in leagues I have ran and realized you might be helping or hurting but in the end you just don't want anyone to have ammunition vs as the commish. Hands off and let managers manage or not. If they don't, just don't invite them back next year.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that it happened or the fact that others in the league don't think it's a big deal. In fantasy terms, that's a blatant as it gets and you should not be in a league with anyone who either does that or thinks it's somehow more acceptable because "it's the playoffs". That's so stupid...

Archived