NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Keep Dieng or Middleton? WHIR.

The_Commish

Standard 9-cat league, 10 teams, 14 roster spots, 2 keepers (might be 3 going into next season).

Already keeping Leonard for a 6th, and having some trouble deciding who to pair him up with:

Dieng for a 10th or Khris Middleton for a 12th?

Dieng was solid last season if unspectacular, and will be in that dual backup job again most of the season, but I fell in love with Middleton after pulling him off the wire late in the season. Want to get some opinions and make sure I'm not just feeling Middleton more because he did more for me more recently, ya know?

And leave a link for me if ya got one, need to get my head in the game so super WHIR.

I'm facing a similar dilemma. I definitely see Middleton being better in your case especially as he only costs a 12th. Now suppose you 2 keeper picks each for a 9th round (trade for the 9th rounder) and had 4 players to select from: IT2, Middleton, Dieng, and Mirotic, who would you pick?

Thanks for the help with mine.

The value of these players are similar. So I would go with need or I may lean toward Middleton since his 'cost' is lower and his role seems larger or at the very least - more defined.

All that to say..I'm going with majority. ;-)

I'm facing a similar dilemma. I definitely see Middleton being better in your case especially as he only costs a 12th. Now suppose you 2 keeper picks each for a 9th round (trade for the 9th rounder) and had 4 players to select from: IT2, Middleton, Dieng, and Mirotic, who would you pick?

Damn, tough one. IT2 was actually one of my other keeper options, for a 7th.

Middleton for sure. Thomas, Dieng, and Mirotic are all in the same spot; no one's getting 30+ a night without a trade/injury. Gut feeling, I don't think Thomas spends the whole season on the Celtics roster, so I'll toss him out for these purposes.

My heart says Mirotic, but my head says Dieng. I think Dieng more likely to get opportunity early; Pek is unhealthy trash, and Garnett will get shut down regularly. Assuming both are playing that 30 a night by season's end, I'd probably rather have Dieng's defensive stats than Mirotic's offense. Just a few too many guys in Chicago that need touches, even if they do move Taj.

Borderline toss-up for me though.

Archived