NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Myles Turner in keeper drafts?

The_Commish

I know we're way early in the draft season, but I'm a Pacers fan who's already hopelessly in love with Myles Turner for fantasy keeper purposes. I'm destined to draft him way too early.

If you've had a keeper draft or two go down, I'd love to hear where you're seeing him land. Hell, if you haven't had your draft yet, I'd still love to know where / if you're targeting him.

His ADP right now sits comfortable in the 13th round. I'd be surprised if anyone reached higher than 9-10th round

Yea, so far I'm figuring on 9th or 10th for my particular league (keep 2 [possibly 3 next year], 4th round and onward only, cost is 2 rounds higher than the previous year's draft position). Higher profile rookies went way too early last year (Jabari, Wiggins) among my crew and thus lost the real value as keepers, so I'm very curious to see how everyone adjusts their expectations this season.

I got him in the 10th round in redraft mocks..

I think keeper he would go higher. The hype around him that I sense is pretty high so I can see him going from 5-8th round.

He's not a 'sleeper' by any means if you expect to pick him off for good value. People know about his opportunity.

I agree with 10th round value in redrafts and bump him to 9th in keeper leagues. He seems to have a very fantasy friendly game; the problem is drafting him any higher means you are risking a lot and people will call you foolish for it.

All good points, particularly about him not really being a sleeper. Looking forward to seeing how his round expectation creeps up over the next month, if at all. Gonna be a hard decision if I end up with a draft pick that lands me a mid-to-late 8th or something. I spitball enough with a few leaguemates to know he won't make it all the way through the 9th.

Topic for a separate thread maybe, but is anybody confident in any of these rooks before the 8th or 9th?

All good points, particularly about him not really being a sleeper. Looking forward to seeing how his round expectation creeps up over the next month, if at all. Gonna be a hard decision if I end up with a draft pick that lands me a mid-to-late 8th or something. I spitball enough with a few leaguemates to know he won't make it all the way through the 9th.

Topic for a separate thread maybe, but is anybody confident in any of these rooks before the 8th or 9th?

In keepers people reach every year, every season on rookies. Okafor got drafted in our 3rd in my new one this year.

I think in Burke's rookie season he got drafted in the 6th or 7th of my keeper, can't remember.

Depends on the guys you're drafting with, but I will say people reach on the top rooks every season.

KAT yes, especially if it's a keeper league. I myself would consider Myles in the 8th but it is a risk you are taking.

Towns is going to be the most interesting rookie case. Mid-7th round ADP in Yahoo! so far in non-keeper leagues .. probably where I'd personally jump on him in keepers as well. This is certainly specific to my league, but if I assume I have to grab him in the 6th (and I could totally see him going in the 5th, by the way), that limits him to one, maybe two years of keeper value in my league if I think he's going to outperform a 4th rounder next year.

That in mind I have trouble seeing him being worth that presumptive 6th-rounder this season, at least for the first half of the year. I'll have my eye on him, but it's going to be a very "how confident am I in my draft so far?" kinda call.

Of course, if your keeper/dynasty league doesn't factor round value year to year, and it's just "these are my keepers forever" .. hell ya, grab him early.

Archived