NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Add DeSean Jackson Drop Tyler Lockett? WHIR

Jlec93

DeSean Jackson was just dropped to waivers in my PPR league, I know he's out a few weeks but I was wondering if it would be worth it to drop Tyler Lockett (my worst WR) for DeSean. I have Dez on my bench too I figured maybe DeSean can be Dez insurance? Here is my WR core: Dez, Brandon Marshall, Tyler Lockett, Keenan Allen, Amari Cooper, Terrance Williams, and Stevie Johnson.

You don't want an injured guy backing up your injured guy lol

But seriously DJax is always hurt and missing time, so even if he's a starter on his team and theoretically in line for lots of targets, he won't get any while wearing a cast. I'm not sure what Lockett's season is going to look like, but he'll probably be healthier than DJax for any given week.

Return the favor?

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=540970

Tough call. DJax is a wasted bench spot for a few weeks, in addition to the spot Dez occupies. On the other hand, Lockett may never start for you unless something catastrophic happens and all your other guys go down. DJax at least has a chance of eventually cracking the starting lineup. I'd probably go DJax or one of the FA's, if you really feel the need to hold that many WR's.

Based on how many wideouts you carry, you either have a massive bench, start 3+ WR's, or you're short on depth at another position. Neither might be the right answer here. That spot may be better occupied by a FA RB, or used to swap out the TE or D/ST during a bye.

Archived