NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who do you like at 7 lately?

I'm of the opinion this season that after the top 5 or 6, I'd rather have have 10 .. so of course I landed at 7. I'm expecting LeBron to drop to me (following AD-Curry-Harden-Durant-Westy-CP3 in some order), but I find myself inclined to take Boogie, due to LeBron's likely drop in minutes and games played this season. Then maybe turning with the best available big since I can't convince myself to take Lowry at 14.

Anyways.

Am I worried too much about Bron-Bron, or are other people seeing this mid-1st conundrum the same way?

Yea, the more mocks I run, the less likely I am to find really top-tier guard stats at my draft position through the first few rounds, so LeBron has that going for him. Going to drive myself nuts with this for the next week and a half.

Hope I was helpful with yours.

Happy to hear any other opinions.

how about do it in another way?

get LBJ, then use him as trade bait to get a guard who's good plus another player who'll help you replace for some (all if it's possible) stats LBJ will give.

But if you don't want to trade, then definitely go for Boogie.

Does the league allows trading next season's draft picks? if yes, you can include an early/middle round pick too aside from the 2 players you'll get.

Damn, thanks for the feedback fellas.

Kulelat: We actually just added pick-trading, so that's an option, but personally I don't want to draft my first-rounder around the idea of trading him. Just not my style, too neurotic about planning.

colepenhagen: Yea, I actually have Kawhi as a keeper (6th rounder), so that might be a point in Bron's favor? Still have another first-rounder to lean on when he's rested. Gives me a little piece of mind and opens some possibilities, but I still haven't hit on a mock for Bron or Boogie that I've loved. And yea, Boogie's turnovers are devastating, I'd be punting those (and maybe FG%) if I went toward him.

Thanks for the help on mine!

Lebron hurts you equally in turnovers as boogie, so i'd roll with boogie here. Sure his fg% kinda hurts, but it's not terrible and you have kawhi who complements his to/fg% perfectly.

As you've seen with my team, if you draft the right players you don't automatically have to punt to with cousins. Especially if you have Kawhi. If you take cousins there's a few directions you can go.

If Klay, Butler, or Ibaka are available in 2nd round grab one of them in that order and punt assists.

If not, then grab Marc Gasol/Paul George/Millsap in 2nd round and oladipo/lowry/bledsoe in 3rd round and punt nothing. (altho if you take bledsoe then you would have to punt to). But doing this you would get some out-of-position assists in 2nd round and you can bolster it with a good assists guard in 3rd round.

Lebron hurts you equally in turnovers as boogie, so i'd roll with boogie here. Sure his fg% kinda hurts, but it's not terrible and you have kawhi who complements his to/fg% perfectly.

As you've seen with my team, if you draft the right players you don't automatically have to punt to with cousins. Especially if you have Kawhi. If you take cousins there's a few directions you can go.

If Klay, Butler, or Ibaka are available in 2nd round grab one of them in that order and punt assists.

If not, then grab Marc Gasol/Paul George/Millsap in 2nd round and oladipo/lowry/bledsoe in 3rd round and punt nothing. (altho if you take bledsoe then you would have to punt to). But doing this you would get some out-of-position assists in 2nd round and you can bolster it with a good assists guard in 3rd round.

yea but theres a big difference when your centers getting 4-5 t/o vs your forward

yea but theres a big difference when your centers getting 4-5 t/o vs your forward

Just curious why would it make a difference when your center is getting more tos than your forward?

There are a ton of excellent sf in later rounds with low turnovers i.e. danny green, korver, Middleton, etc

the main reason is the assist that lebron gets you (7.5) are pg numbers so the t/o are ok

the 4 t/o boogie gets comes with 3.5 assisrs which is a decent amount but not worth the 4.3 t/o

i want high assist if i am getting a high t/o player

Yeah that's a good point but that's why i recommended him to grab boogie + ibaka/klay/butler and punt assists

lebron is a solid choice at 7 as well but i just lean towards cousins because lebron always rests during fantasy playoffs and it's burned me before when I'm in the finals week and i'm getting 0 from lebron and my opponent has someone like cousins or westbrook dropping triple doubles.. hard to make up for that

Whether it's Boogie or LeBron, I'm crossing my fingers Ibaka will be available when it comes back to me. If opportunity presents I like to put a priority on gobbling up defensive stats, and based on the spread of shotblockers (between keepers and Davis being drafted at 1 we'll have blocks packed into just a few teams), landing Serge could all but guarantee a top three blocks squad with some decent draft planning.

As for the playoffs concern, my league playoffs happen before most: We only go 18 weeks of regular season, then three weeks of playoffs. Everyone plays plays everyone else twice, and we get a playoffs in before player-resting becomes a huge, frustrating issue. Of course, it means less fantasy basketball, but it works for us.

Point being, that mitigates some of the concerns about LeBron resting, but I still think he's likely to play something like 65 games tops. If I lean his way it'll be because I don't think I can land a true second-tier PG in the 3rd (I'd be shocked if Lowry or Bledsoe are still there on the way back).

Man, though .. divisive issue, huh? Thanks for all the thoughts, enjoying the strategy discussion either way.

Is this an H2H league? Sorry if you mentioned it already, didn't see it in the OP and didn't read through all the comments.

In a H2H league LeBron worries me because it seems like he sits late in the year to rest for the playoffs and that hurts during fantasy playoffs. I don't think grabbing Boogie would be a bad move.

You could always trade LeBron at some point, he'll go off when he plays and will have more trade value.

Eh, I'm of the opinion that you go for value in drafts over need and then work things out later in trade or WW. I'm definitely low on Lebron since he always gets rested a ton during fantasy playoffs, which can kill you, and he's also going to be playing less minutes this year; however that wouldn't be enough to dissuade me from picking him.

By name only, Lebron can have much better trade value, so I'd take him and like everyone else said, try to trade him ASAP. My reasoning is that, IMO, straight up you can trade Lebron for Cousins, but likely not Cousins for Lebron.

Eh, I'm of the opinion that you go for value in drafts over need and then work things out later in trade or WW. I'm definitely low on Lebron since he always gets rested a ton during fantasy playoffs, which can kill you, and he's also going to be playing less minutes this year; however that wouldn't be enough to dissuade me from picking him.

By name only, Lebron can have much better trade value, so I'd take him and like everyone else said, try to trade him ASAP. My reasoning is that, IMO, straight up you can trade Lebron for Cousins, but likely not Cousins for Lebron.

You people and your finely calibrated good points ..

Archived