NBC Sports Edge Forums

Wacha or Gerritt Cole to Keep?

ThatGuyRy

Who would you rather have for the next 3 years? Wacha is $19, Cole is $24. Wacha slowed down but he missed so much time last year which could also explain the decline in Ks. We're also moving from K to K/9. I don't think I can really go wrong with either but I can really only keep one.WHIR

Wacha for sure and its not even close. He's on the better team/offense. He gets solid run support also. Something Cole doesn't.

Cole has more wins than him, Wacha gets way more run support and Cole still has more wins. Is there one category where Wacha is better than Cole?

Cole all the way. Definitely more a strike out pitcher, more dominant that Wacha. I also worry about the significant innings jump that Wacha is making this year. I think he was pretty fatigued late in the year (about a 400 era after the all star break).

Cole also just seems to have the better body and mechanics to hold up better than Wacha does.

Could you help with mine? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=548524#entry5833277

• 4 weeks later...

Wacha for sure and its not even close. He's on the better team/offense. He gets solid run support also. Something Cole doesn't.

Funny, because I say Cole and it's not close

I would love for that dude to explain how Wacha is better. Cole had a better ERA, WHIP, strikes out more batters and even though Cole is on a worse offense, he still had more wins.

Archived