NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keepers! ***WHIR 100%***

Masked Kid

I'll revisit this in the spring probably

I am 99% on Gordon, Donaldson, Correa, Kershaw, Fernandez. It's really about the sixth keeper. Schwarber / Votto / Martinez.

12 team roto, keep SIX (6) with no strings attached ... I'm putting anyone here who might even be on the bubble:

Kyle Schwarber ChC - C,OF

Joey Votto Cin - 1B

Dee Gordon Mia - 2B

Josh Donaldson Tor - 3B

Francisco Lindor Cle - SS

J.D. Martínez Det - OF

Yasiel Puig LAD - OF

Carlos Correa Hou - SS

Jeurys Familia NYM - RP

Clayton Kershaw LAD - SP

Francisco Liriano Pit - SP

Jaime García StL - SP

José Fernández Mia - SP

Agree with your locks. For me it comes down to Schwarber & JD. 2 catcher league, or one? Start 3 OF or 5?

That might sway my decision.

Very tough. Both worthy. If it's 1 catcher league I might lean ever so slightly in favor of JD.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=548322#entry5832644

Thanks. It has one C and two UTIL spots. I like to keep 2 catchers, just generally like to have a flexibility at every position.

My Picks would be: Donaldson, Correa, Kershaw, JD, Dee, and Votto. I thought about keeping JoFer, but I think Kershaw is the only pitcher I would keep. Your hitters are too valuable.

In terms of Schwarber, I think he'll be a top 2 or 3 catcher, but I except that enough people will get scared off by his last few months that you'll be able to get him in the draft.

Can you help with mine? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=548524#entry5836285

No way you're not keeping J-FER. None.

I agree with your original 5 keepers, and my 6th would be JD. I really REALLY like Schwarber but JD is the real deal.

I feel like Schwarber's postseason is pushing him into keeper position. If he keeps going like this, especially. But he's probably already done enough where he's not gonna be a hidden gem despite a lackluster finish to his season.

Wow, tough decision here. Very tempting to keep Schwarber if he has Catcher eligibility...

IMO JDM over Votto is a no brainer (unless staring at pitches is a category for you)...

Comes down to JDM vs Schwarber... but judging on how youthful your team already is, and how insanely productive JDM has been, I go with JDM.

You could make an argument for Puig as well, but considering your core I wouldn't take the risk.

Since I won this year I feel a little more loose so though JD is the surer bet, I'm leaning Schwarber. Possibly I could trade JD for a good draft pick too; I don't think that's true of Schwarber though I could be wrong.

• 4 months later...

As threatened, I'm revisiting this. Still WHIR.

Adding Puig to the mix, since someone mentioned above.

Keeping Donaldson, Correa, Gordon, Kershaw, Fernandez.

Mainly I think this is between Schwarber and JD. Leaning Schwarber.

Kyle Schwarber ChC - C,OF

Joey Votto Cin - 1B

Dee Gordon Mia - 2B

Josh Donaldson Tor - 3B

J.D. Martínez Det - OF

Yasiel Puig LAD - OF

Carlos Correa Hou - SS

José Fernández Mia - SP

Clayton Kershaw LAD - SP

Thanks for any insights you might have.

probably Martinez for me.....but.....

Votto is consistent. the only question here is the supporting cast (in my opinion). top tier first base seem to be harder to find right now with injuries and decline.

Schwarber is an interesting situation. we've only seen one year of what he can do in the majors. I have heard some concern about how learning the new position will impact his focus at the plate. I see people projecting his stats out for the season, but what they are missing is the season long potential for extended slumps too.

I guess it's going to be about what you think is left over from other teams once keepers are in. in my opinion, OF is easier to recover if you dump somebody you shouldn't have. Martinez though....now he has even more protection with Frazier. I'd go that way.

Archived