NBC Sports Edge Forums

Roy Williams to Buffalo?

Br0kenB

The newspaper in Buffalo [The Buffalo News] speaks of a possible trade of Roy Williams for Lee Evans and JP Losman.

Being a huge Bills fan, I'd welcome this trade with open arms. Roy Williams is the big physical receiver we need and Evans is scheduled to make a TON of money after the next season. Any other Bills fans or advocates of this trade?

I don't see it happening you hear a lot of rumors during the off season that never end up happening. I couldn't agure against you thought that would be a great trade would help out Trent Edwards a lot.

Makes no sense for Detroit. If they're moving Williams because they don't want to pay him, why would they move for Evans who needs his payday soon. And why would they take a worse WR (Evans) and someone who would be their 3rd QB (Losman, behind Kitna and Stanton), for their best player? It makes no sense.

Seems like wishful thinking on the Buffalo writer's part.

The newspaper in Buffalo [The Buffalo News] speaks of a possible trade of Roy Williams for Lee Evans and JP Losman.

Being a huge Bills fan, I'd welcome this trade with open arms. Roy Williams is the big physical receiver we need and Evans is scheduled to make a TON of money after the next season. Any other Bills fans or advocates of this trade?

I can't really see the Lions doing that...

Please don't tease me like that. I am a die hard Bills fan and this deal would be a match made in heaven for the Bills. Roy Williams is a physical receiver and should have success in Buffalo like Moulds did back in the day. I wish it would happen, probably won't. Value-wise, Detroit is getting like two former first rounders for Roy Williams. Evans and Losman have plenty of potential if in the right system.

Please don't tease me like that. I am a die hard Bills fan and this deal would be a match made in heaven for the Bills. Roy Williams is a physical receiver and should have success in Buffalo like Moulds did back in the day. I wish it would happen, probably won't. Value-wise, Detroit is getting like two former first rounders for Roy Williams. Evans and Losman have plenty of potential if in the right system.

B)

Being from Detroit, they would be morons if they traded Roy Williams. He is the one player on the entire roster fans can identify with.

Please explain this post. I'm from Michigan- very close to Detroit and I have no idea what you're talking about(the identify with part). I don't identify with Williams at all, in fact he gets on my nerves. He's a great talent but that celebrating a first down when you're losing by 175 is retarded. I agree with you that it'd be a moronic trade.

Buffalo would be getting the best player in the deal, but the deal is not as lopsided as it looks. The reason why Detroite may consider this is not because they do not want to pay a receiver it is because Williams is unhappy there. They could get Evans who has shown he can play alongside Calvin Johnson and you get rid of someone unhappy. You also get a guy who maybe in a change of setting does better. He was never awful in Buffalo just inconsistant.

Except they would of traded Evans...

Why in the world would Detroit make this trade? They trade Roy Williams because they dont want to pay him, for an older reciever who is not as good and a backup quarterback? Evans will demand a big payday of his own next February. It looks like wishful thinking on a Bills fans part.

Maybe the reason that Detroit would do this deal is that Kitna is one of the more likely candidates to get injured at some point in the near future, and their backup (Stanton?) is just absolutely awful. I saw him play a couple times and he was uniquely bad, especially considering all DET can really do is throw, it being a Mike Martz system.

That said, Evans is solid enough but if Losman and Evans couldn't really get it done in BUF, why would they be able to get it done in DET (like if Kitna went down). I don't see it. Its certainly isn't because of the strength of DET's offensive line (see my first sentence).

So I don't know, seems like not a great deal for DET, when they could set up real nice with Roy and Calvin...

Call me crazy but I think Roy Williams is the most overrated WR in football!!! Having said that I also believe that Lee Evans is the most underrated WR in football. If Evans had a good #2 WR in Buffalo he would put up more of the same stats he had in 2006. Although they have had similar careers I like Evans more.

I'll believe that Lee Evans is under-rated when he stops having either HORRIBLE or GREAT games...there has to be some in between...If not your just a better Devery Henderson.

I'll believe that Lee Evans is under-rated when he stops having either HORRIBLE or GREAT games...there has to be some in between...If not your just a better Devery Henderson.

He's had no QB since he's been in Buffalo...

Archived