NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 Keepers in 12-team league Auction Draft

littledragon

Hi All,

Please help in deciding which 3 players to keep for this coming auction draft ($200):

Steph Curry ($67)

Marc Gasol ($37)

Jimmy Butler ($14)

Kyle Lowry ($2)

Gobert ($1)

The 3 keepers I choose, I'll have to deduct my starting $200.

Please help and I'll WHIR!!

Thank you, :)

Take Curry, Gobs and Butler. If you average those 3, you are building your team with 3 top 15 guys at an average of $27. That's a good investment, Curry is that good. My guess is all the top 7 or 8 guys will be kept, and will have a similar price tag to Curry's, and you should have an edge. $120 is still plenty to build the rest of your team.

Your other option is to take Lowry, Gobs and Butler and build your team with $183 and hope you can grab a top tier guy or 2 for a lot less. Not a bad option.

Mobdad said it best. Curry is quite expensive but he wins you games/stats, period!

Unless you can find good players for the next 3 rounds, over paying everyone (because you can), then drop curry and pick Butler, Lowry and Gobert. If the next 3 picks are not going to give you a substantial advantage, you are better off going for Curry, Butler and Lowry/Gobert (personal preference). I dont know what the implications are for choosing players in your league (carry over, etc...). I think the question is: can you out bid others for the next 3 players and pick up real difference making mid players? If not, then go with Curry.

Keep Lowry, Gobert , and Jimmy Buckets. If you really want Steph, just bid on him with the money u just saved on the other three. That's the great thing about auction. Gobert should go $40-$50, Lowry ($20-30) and Jimmy ($35-45) my guess. Just look at that value! Curry went for $85 in my auction while thats ridiculous, if u were going to spend $67 its not that bad. If u keep curry, thats a waste.

As others have said, I would go Curry + Butler + Gobert. That's a solid core that provides you with CATs all across the board and it's a good foundation to build upon. And like you said, since Curry is going for around that price, you're really just breaking even if anything.

Gasol at $37 seems a bit high for me. Plus if you got him instead of Butler/Gobert, that's 2 players that take up half your money so I don't think that's a good investment there. Thanks for the help on mine.

So Curry @ $67 is better than Lowry @ $2, lowry's preseason is so tempting...

Depends how much u think Curry and Lowry are going to go for. I guess u have to see how much others are committing to their keepers and gauge from that. Don't think its as cut and dry as , oh Curry is mean, keep him. It's all about value. So if Lowry is going for $30, ur + $28 by taking him. If u think the most someone will spend on Curry is $90, then u still are making out by letting him go (since u can draft him at that price.) You would be +$5 and thats extra value for u. Remember though, if Curry's price is going up b/c its a keeper league and hes being sold for more $, then the same would happen with Lowry and all other studs. If it were me, i'd sack up and just try and draft him for cheaper, and get great value with the others haha. Let us know how ur draft plays out and how much the studs went for, thats interesting. Good luck!

the problem with doing Curry is that, i invest that $67 on him and would leave me pretty much $100 left to fill out rest of my rosters. Hes a big investment..

Lowry, Gobert and Butler at their current value is very tempting, The price on Gobert and Lowry is ridiculous and Butlers is still really good. Also you'd have more than enough money to get Curry back in the auction, he'll cost more than $67 but it'll be nothing compared to how much more you'd have to pay for Lowry if you wanted to get him.

SO guys, just had my draft and I couldnt get curry as he went for $86, a little stretch for me.

I drafted with intent to punt FT% but couldn't get other bigs that did that so I ended up with this:

2 PG Kyle Lowry, Tor PG, SGnews_recent.png 14 SG Jimmy Butler, Chi SG, SF 17 SF Nicolas Batum, Cha SFnews_recent.png 15 PF Derrick Favors, Uta PF, C DTD 1 C Rudy Gobert, Uta C 6 G DeMar DeRozan, Tor SG, SF 11 F Trevor Ariza, Hou SF, SG 36 UTIL Andre Drummond, Det C 18 UTIL Jonas Valanciunas, Tor C 19 UTIL Tyreke Evans, Nor SF, PG, SG DTD BENCH KEEP SAL SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS 16 Bench Monta Ellis, Ind SG 16 Bench Isaiah Thomas, Bos PGnews_recent.png 16 Bench Greg Monroe, Mil PF, C

What do you guys thinks? I don't really have a first rounder but I dont have any scrubs either.

Thanks

PG

Kyle Lowry, Tor PG, SGnews_recent.png

SG

Jimmy Butler, Chi SG, SF

SF

Nicolas Batum, Cha SFnews_recent.png

PF

Derrick Favors, Uta PF, C DTD

C

Rudy Gobert, Uta C

G

DeMar DeRozan, Tor SG, SF

F

Trevor Ariza, Hou SF, SG

UTIL

Andre Drummond, Det C

UTIL

Jonas Valanciunas, Tor C

UTIL

Tyreke Evans, Nor SF, PG, SG DTD

BENCH

KEEP

SAL

SLOT

PLAYER, TEAM POS

Bench

Monta Ellis, Ind SG

Bench

Isaiah Thomas, Bos PGnews_recent.png

Bench

Greg Monroe, Mil PF, C

Not bad. U have a lot of depth. Derozan stands out like a sore thumb as he does nothing for u as ur punting fts. Monroe should prob also be moved considering ur other bigs. I prob would have liked to see more bang for ur buck. Curry at 86, while high, would have still been good value considering what u paid for ur keepers and how much value they r giving u. Ur 3 keepers plus Curry for half ur budgeta. Yes plz. Just my thoughts but i think JV, Tyreke, and Monroe were a little too expensive. I would have prob looked for them around half that price or looked for others. But still a pretty decent team.

Yep, I froze when Curry went for high and I should've kept my composure and just bid for him.

-I really, really, really want to move Derozan but only bid for him because he was going for $5. I was planning to punt FTs but throughout the draft, other GM was also doing the same strategy. (He overpaid for Jordan and Whiteside) Right now, my FT% isn't bad or winning, its just alright. I was thinking of using Derozan to balance the FT%. If I were to move him, what should I go for?

-Who should I target for Monroe? I've really wanted to move JV. Reason why I overbid for JV, Tyreke, and Monroe was that I missed out on the 1st rounders since people were overbidding on them. Lebron went for $96 (auto bid) and other 1st rounders were kept.

Archived