NBC Sports Edge Forums

Just drafted this one, thoughts?

I think you have a strong team but a lot of injury questions. You have Bosh and Howard coming back from major injuries as well as some minor issues with 4 of the others already this year. Just on the talent level and opportunity I like your team. Its balanced and you compensated weaknesses such as shooting percentages with players who shoot well. Nice job and good luck.

Dwight sticks out like a sore thumb here. Hes probably going to do more damage than good in this team. I would try to move him and try to pick up somebody like Greg Monroe if you can. You're pretty far behind in blocks that I would suggest punting blocks. Maybe package Dwight and Henson for guys like Monroe, Enes Kanter, Zach Randolph...

Injury risks aside, I really like this team. I'm probably going to go with Westbrook in the first as well. What was your strategy in surrounding him?

Honestly I wasn't really hunting for categories, I was just picking players I'd enjoy watching. I don't know if I play fantasy basketball the right way, but sometimes what I try and accumulate guys who score and are also elite contributors in one other category. It means I usually tank turnovers, but my goal is normally to beat everyone in what I call "the middle 6" - 3s, points, rebounds, assists, blocks and steals. I let the %s and turnovers figure themselves out.

Archived