NBC Sports Edge Forums

Trade Help Steve Smith and West for Megatron WHIR

Proto24

Hey guys, my team is in signature, .5 PPR

Basically I offered a trade to someone else which was my Steve Smith and Charcandrick West/Christine Michael (His choice) for Megatron. He said he would think about it and hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Is there anything else from my team I can offer to put him over the edge and make him do it? Maybe offering both West and Michael instead of one of them?

Any advice would be appreciated. Here is his team below:

QB: Palmer

RB: Joseph Randle, Vereen, Gio Bernard, Karlos Williams, Ryan Mathews

WR: Calvin Johnson, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Michael Crabtree

TE: Jimmy Graham

What will put him over the edge?! Thanks guys. WHIR and leave a link

I'd let him choose between Michael and West. I'd go one step further by trying to convince him that it'd be wise to handcuff Randle with Michael who has a chance to supplant him. IMO, I'd personally want him to take West. The Chief's RBBC is not going to be fantasy friendly. Hopefully the rest of your league is some what high on Michael's prospects, otherwise they'll think you are trying to low ball him for Calvin Johnson. Calvin's name value is still very high.

I don't know that I'd risk that much going after Johnson to be honest. Smith has produced more for most of the season, correct? Better QB? idk, but Smith is the only one Flacco has to throw to, both may have nothing to play for in a few weeks and both are injury risks. I'll give you Smith might be moreso, but if Calvin gets nicked up, what reason do the Lions have to bring him back for? Smith at least wants to go out with a bang.

Hey guys, my team is in signature, .5 PPR

Basically I offered a trade to someone else which was my Steve Smith and Charcandrick West/Christine Michael (His choice) for Megatron. He said he would think about it and hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Is there anything else from my team I can offer to put him over the edge and make him do it? Maybe offering both West and Michael instead of one of them?

Any advice would be appreciated. Here is his team below:

QB: Palmer

RB: Joseph Randle, Vereen, Gio Bernard, Karlos Williams, Ryan Mathews

WR: Calvin Johnson, Jordan Matthews, Willie Snead, Michael Crabtree

TE: Jimmy Graham

What will put him over the edge?! Thanks guys. WHIR and leave a link

I'd do the Smith, West offer for Megatron first. If he demands Michael I'd probably do that too.

If he doesn't like the offer I'd stay put. Like someone mentioned I'd sell him on handcuffing randle with c mike since he might win the job eventually. If he still says no then stay put and gamble one of those 2 rb will pan out. Smith is still a great play every week.

Guess I am in the minority here. I think you are giving up a lot for megatron. Michael could end up being a RB1 with that O-line he has. I'd wait a week if I were you and see how Michael does. If he does well, you can get more for him in return or hold him. If he doesn't then offer the trade.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=555317

I would do it for West but i wouldnt want to be moving Michael right now. Worst case scenario is his value goes down to where West's is after this weekend, best case scenario he runs away with the job and you have a RB2 for rest of season. I dont mind selling on Smith though to get Megatron, think they will be heading in complete opposite directions soon

can't see sig. think u r buying high on megatron as he just had a monster game. and offering 2 rbs which only provide him some depth is not really sexy. I wouldn't take the offer if I were johnson s owner.

I d wait for next week to get more favorable terms. but I guess u ll have to give more than smith + 2 unproven backs

Archived