NBC Sports Edge Forums

Boston Red Sox 2016 Outlook

Backdoor Slider

Oh oh Dombrowski may not be done and this could cost them their farm system.  I love Sale too but don't bet the whole farm on one appendage cause those pitchers be wonky and one throw away from (arm) disaster.

Jon Heyman of TodaysKnuckleball and FanRag Sports reports that the White Sox "are being inundated with calls of interest in ace Chris Sale."

The report comes on the heels of one from FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal, who said that the White Sox were offered a "king's ransom" for Sale earlier this week and replied with a flat "no." Heyman says that the White Sox "are contemplating a serious sale," but it's unclear at this point whether they'll move Sale or Jose Quintana. He adds that the Red Sox are "greatly interested" in Sale and Quintana but "the list of interested suitors is expected to be extremely long" should the Pale Hose wind up putting them on the trade block.

Hopefully Dombrowski is just trying to drive up the price for other teams.  Cause don't put all you eggs in one basket and don't trade the untradeable core three.  Even Quintana would cut into those guys.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Oh oh Dombrowski may not be done and this could cost them their farm system.  I love Sale too but don't bet the whole farm on one appendage cause those pitchers be wonky and one throw away from (arm) disaster.

Hopefully Dombrowski is just trying to drive up the price for other teams.  Cause don't put all you eggs in one basket and don't trade the untradeable core three.  Even Quintana would cut into those guys.

I agree that it would be incredibly imprudent to sell the farm for a pitcher, but I'm convinced DD really only cares about World Series titles.

For me, I'm fine with it as long as my guys remain the AL.

and this: http://nesn.com/2014/08/dave-dombrowski-texts-billy-beane-you-have-1-minute-to-acquire-chris-sale/

Archived