NBC Sports Edge Forums

AL only - better final keeper?

ssmarsh

Assuming Liriano does indeed start the year in the minors, I'll need to find a replacement keeper for him in my 10 team, AL only, auction league. We can keep up to 7 and my other 6 keepers are in my sig below.

After taking injuries, playing time, price, etc. into account I've whittled the choices down to either Kevin Youkilis ($4, final contract year) or Jason Bartlett ($5).

Our offensive categories are average, HR, RBI, runs, 2*SB+BB. I'm leaning one way, but I'm interested to know which of the two you guys would keep. All opinions are appreciated.

Everyone knows you don't need any help ssmarsh. It's really a close call. IMO if Barlett gets over 500 AB's and gets the average up he'll out earn Youkilis by a $1 or $2. Last year for Youkilis at $4, so I think Barlett.

Everyone knows you don't need any help ssmarsh.
Thanks Tim!
It's really a close call. IMO if Barlett gets over 500 AB's and gets the average up he'll out earn Youkilis by a $1 or $2. Last year for Youkilis at $4, so I think Barlett.

After thinking about some more, I think I'm going to end up flipping a coin on this. On the plus side, Youk will give good all around numbers and at $4 he replaces Liriano's salary exactly. On the minus side, I'm trying to build a team that will be really good for more than one year and Youk would be gone after this season. As for Bartlett, I know he doesn't have Youk's power, but if he can hit .270, his RBI numbers should improve from last season. Also, I love him as a cheap source of speed. Thankfully I have until next monday to submit my keepers...here's hoping Liriano doesn't get sent to AAA. B)

Archived