NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Accidental drops

Harry Twatter

I am in a 20/25 dollar cbs league that gives out the big prize of $150. I drop Parra instead of Pena. Cbs is weak and doesnt have the confirmation page afterwards. bam down goes Carlos Pena for Tom Gordon. I put a message on the board and emails to each individual explaining I dropped the wrong, obviously. Well, he got taken.

Are people really like this for 125 bucks? Thats really unfortunate if so. I mean I want to win, but cmon.

Anyone been able to resolve an issue like this?

Thanks

I am in a 20/25 dollar cbs league that gives out the big prize of $150. I drop Parra instead of Pena. Cbs is weak and doesnt have the confirmation page afterwards. bam down goes Carlos Pena for Tom Gordon. I put a message on the board and emails to each individual explaining I dropped the wrong, obviously. Well, he got taken.

Are people really like this for 125 bucks? Thats really unfortunate if so. I mean I want to win, but cmon.

Anyone been able to resolve an issue like this?

Thanks

Ouch sorry to hear that. Did u try contacting the guy who grabbed him and be like listen trade him to me u bleep bleep.

If you literally realized it the second you dropped the player and made some post/email about it immediately then the commish should put the player back for you. If you even waited 10 minutes to say something then I'd say he's fair game. Its not really up to the person who picked the player up to give him back to you, thats more the commish's job to sort it all out.

Yeah, it a public league. I don't know who, if anyone is the commish. Is it possible not to have a commish, like cbs is considered the commish. Yes I did all things. I emailed right afterward. In fact I tried to close the window but it went too quick. Then I IMMEDIATELY emialed everyone thru group message board and then to each individual. I emailed the dude who picked him and said whats up fairly nice, for now. My team was hurting before this too. Thanks all

Yeah, it a public league. I don't know who, if anyone is the commish. Is it possible not to have a commish, like cbs is considered the commish. Yes I did all things. I emailed right afterward. In fact I tried to close the window but it went too quick. Then I IMMEDIATELY emialed everyone thru group message board and then to each individual. I emailed the dude who picked him and said whats up fairly nice, for now. My team was hurting before this too. Thanks all

Did you go under the help section and ask a question that way to notify the commish about this?

e-mail cbs. I know ESPN is responsive to issues like that.

Did you go under the help section and ask a question that way to notify the commish about this?

Yeah, and again I cant find a little mark mext to any owner that says he/she is the commish.

When did fantasy baseball geeks get shady? I guess I have to try and chuckle, cause I know myself or none of my friends would pull some ish like this.

Somewhere steroids is to blame B) Cheers to the "good" sports out there

Yeah, and again I cant find a little mark mext to any owner that says he/she is the commish.

When did fantasy baseball geeks get shady? I guess I have to try and chuckle, cause I know myself or none of my friends would pull some ish like this.

Somewhere steroids is to blame B) Cheers to the "good" sports out there

No one in your league is the commish but it is Sportsline itself that commishes all of their public leagues. If you said you already went to the help section and asked then there isnt much else to do. Did they at least respond back to you?

The add was just made about an hour ago. So yeah, I sent a note to the "help desk" or whatever it is. For some reason, I dont feel good about this one. What a crappy set-up though...2 catchers, 5 OF, 2 bench spots, 0 dl spots.....just ridiculous. I just can't believe they don't recieve enough complaints about things like this to just go ahead and put in the confirmation page. It cant be that hard and it would save them dealing with thins like this quite a bit more. Thank goodness I drafted a bunch of guys that got hurt on this one team and the 20 bucks isn't gonna hurt me that bad. Its really the principle to me.

Another good reason to have multiple teams I guess?

I have been doing CBS leagues for years. I have accidently dropped guys I didn't mean to and the thing is, be more careful. Does it suck, yes. But the playing field is the same for all parties. Sorry to hear you screwed up but thats just how it goes. I own 2 baseball teams on CBS. 1 is my baseball commish league which we all pay 500 and the other I do is the diamond league for 250 which is random and these things happen. You are not the first person to do this and you are certainly not going to be the last. It is time to move on and be more careful in the future.

A few years ago I dropped Mariano Rivera when I meant to drop Ramiro Mendoza. I just took it as a learning experience and am really careful when rejecting trades and making roster drops. I think you're SOL here, or should be.

Are you dyslexic by any chance? B)

(If you actually are I apologize)

Are you dyslexic by any chance? B)

(If you actually are I apologize)

I think if you snooze you lose. If you walk up to a guy and punch him in the face and then realize oh s--- i hit the wrong guy. you try to explain to him man you look so much like this dude i hate. do you think he gonna say its ok man, nope your getting your a** beat. be more careful of what you do.

What a joke some of these responses are. Anyone care about competitive balance in the league? I would be surprised if anyone besides the player that got Pena thought this should stand. This is why you need a commissioner. Without one the common sense gets lost in the people trying to find an advantage. If I was you I would change my story. Say you did it as a collusive act since you think your team might be injury prone and the team that got Pena is going to give you a kickback. Then every single post in this thread will magically switch to the opinion that the transaction should be reversed. Anyone else see the hypocrisy? Honest mistake = you get screwed, lie = you get what is fair and you want. The ways anyone could exploit a setup where you "accidentally" drop a player far outweigh the "fairness" of punishing you for a simple mistake. Maybe you should just drop your whole team to make a point (I would not take it that far right now). But seriously where is this imaginary line that has to be crossed where you become "protected" by screwing up the league (usually end up undoing transaction) .

What a joke some of these responses are. Anyone care about competitive balance in the league? I would be surprised if anyone besides the player that got Pena thought this should stand. This is why you need a commissioner. Without one the common sense gets lost in the people trying to find an advantage. If I was you I would change my story. Say you did it as a collusive act since you think your team might be injury prone and the team that got Pena is going to give you a kickback. Then every single post in this thread will magically switch to the opinion that the transaction should be reversed. Anyone else see the hypocrisy? Honest mistake = you get screwed, lie = you get what is fair and you want. The ways anyone could exploit a setup where you "accidentally" drop a player far outweigh the "fairness" of punishing you for a simple mistake. Maybe you should just drop your whole team to make a point (I would not take it that far right now). But seriously where is this imaginary line that has to be crossed where you become "protected" by screwing up the league (usually end up undoing transaction) .

This one is good and probably the truest of all the responses.

The big problem here is "no waivers". That's strange because public Sportsline leagues use a waiver process of at least 24 hours. I'm in a private Yahoo league that has no waivers and I feel like I just cashed in big time. Can't wait for the other managers to see that one. I have to wonder if I could pick up a key player dropped by another team 1½ hrs after the drop, couldn't I just drop him and repick up who I dropped if I made a mistake?

So I'd say keep you eye open for a 1B and go from there. The season hasn't even really started yet and if Parra becomes the next coming and Pena gets hurt in the first week, then what would you do? What would you say? If Pena sucks this season, will you still be whining? Try Nick Johnson. Probably on your waivers and could be last years Carlos Pena.

This one is good and probably the truest of all the responses.

The big problem here is "no waivers". That's strange because public Sportsline leagues use a waiver process of at least 24 hours. I'm in a private Yahoo league that has no waivers and I feel like I just cashed in big time. Can't wait for the other managers to see that one. I have to wonder if I could pick up a key player dropped by another team 1½ hrs after the drop, couldn't I just drop him and repick up who I dropped if I made a mistake?

So I'd say keep you eye open for a 1B and go from there. The season hasn't even really started yet and if Parra becomes the next coming and Pena gets hurt in the first week, then what would you do? What would you say? If Pena sucks this season, will you still be whining? Try Nick Johnson. Probably on your waivers and could be last years Carlos Pena.

No, I wouldn't be whining. I drafted Pena when I did, if he doesnt pan out thats baseball. No matter what Pena does or what Parra does it is about the principle. I play that if you accidentally hit accept instead of reject, then we can trade back. I guess I was raised to play hard and fair. Nice to know I am not the only one who plays with some suspect cut-throats.

And yes dropping all my players is an option.

Archived