NBC Sports Edge Forums

FT punting question

rotojoe

8 cat h2h.

so I just traded Gobert for Pau Gasol, because although I had planned to punt FT%, I wasn't actually doing that badly in that cat and was thinking maybe I could actually compete there. but then last night hack-a-dre happened and Drummond went 4-18 from the line, after 2-11 the game before. so Pau may not be the best fit for me.

What do u think of me offering Pau Gasol for DeAndre Jordan, to really perfect the FT tanking?

Yeah, that should work in your favor if you really want to punt FT. Pau for DJ I think is fine.

well, i don't WANT to punt FT%, but I am not sure I have a choice the way Drumm has been going to the line. the only other option would be to trade away drummond but how would i replace those rebs? trade him for Love, but then I lose a lot of FG% and blks. marc gasol? but he hasn't been getting anywhere near this level of blks or rebs. Millsap? still a pretty big dropoff in rebs and blks but maybe enough to compete.

If ur not "that bad" in FT%, don´t punt. You shouldn´t be thinking in perfecting the punting but in winning games, right? Instead view if your team will be better overall.

So let´s take a look at what u have in hand. Making the trade you will:

Gain about: +FG%, +3Rb, +0,8Bl per game.

Loose about: -----FT%, -4Pts, -1,1Ass

Choose what´s more important overall to your team

On a personal note I´m not a fan of punting specially on 8Cat but I would say that it would be very odd if you ever beat someone in FT% so..

go for it ;)

Archived