NBC Sports Edge Forums

Anthony Alford - OF TOR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Howie Kendrick with wheels. And I think he has good mental makeup.

a B or B+ kind of prospect. I don't see him being an absolute fantasy monster, unless the power really comes along.

but I can see a peak of something like .295-95-17-70-25   which is pretty damn good.

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
16 minutes ago, TheBoatmen said:

Playing time is going to be the issue.  Pillar in center.  Assuming they are signing a RF with all the interest in free agent OF's.  That leaves Hernandez, Carriera and Alford in LF.  I think Alford will start in AAA.

Just remembered Dalton Pompey could be back as well.

• 1 month later...

Just to add on to the post above by @Letitbe793, I want to mention that Alford dominated the Mexican League this winter to the tune of .352/.386/.505 with 2 HRs and 8 SBs in just 26 games. The dude is a good hitter, and has a nice power/speed combo. He's an intriguing fantasy prospect. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, tywalson said:

Called up and it seems nobody cares. Went 1-4 with a SB and he could be in line for some PT with Grandy out.

I was thinking the same thing. I guess a big part of why he isn’t getting as much hype as the others because he was struggling some. He was coming back from that hamstring strain. 

I think its also part people don’t know if he will get consistent pt even when Grandy is out. Kind of like Franklin Barrerto and Tyler Oniel recently.

It would be smart of the Jays at this point to be developing their outfield of the future (Teoscar, Alford, possibly Pompey etc.) then playing the old dudes like Grandy. The power/speed combo should be interesting enough to make an add in deep leagues, and he is for sure a good dynasty guy. He’s a very good athlete, so that should play well for real life defense and counting fantasy stats. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Alford has been named to the opening 25 man roster in lieu of Kendrys Morales being traded to Oakland. I just hope they give him some playing time. Pillar is awesome fielder but Alford is going to take his job. A post hype guy I am really high on. Just needs some PT but being on the opening roster is blessing for him. Had a great ST and i'm hoping his time is now. Maybe even a chance at some DH now that Morales is gone. 

2 hours ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Pillar traded out of town, CF is now open for Alford.

I completely agree. Pillar was the last obstacle in his way. No reason to trade your center fielder if your not bringing in young talent.

6 minutes ago, avatoot said:

Grichuk already has the starting RF position. They moved Morales which allowed a spot for Tellez and now they move Pillar to allow for Alford CF position. 

Per Rotoworld 2:53 PM EST

Blue Jays recalled OF Anthony Alford from Triple-A Buffalo.

Alford joins the club in the wake of the Kevin Pillar trade. The 24-year-old scuffled in the minors last year, but he's not far removed from being considered one of the top prospects in the organization. He should get some run in the Jays' outfield and offers plenty of speed potential, so he could be worth a look in deeper mixed fantasy leagues.

I think McKinney will still be a 4 OF with Alford getting regular playing time in CF.