NBC Sports Edge Forums

WR2 and Flex help WHIR

bmc

After starting 1-7, I'm one win from the championship. I'm a fairly heavy favorite, so a high floor is important to me. I need help with my Flex and WR2 please. My league is .5 ppr. I've always started Megatron at WR2 but two straight duds has me concerned. Ivory and Lacy also don't seem reliable. (I'm assuming Stewart is not going to play.)

WRs on Wire: Wheaton, Lockett, Randle

RBs on wire: Bilal Powell, Christine Michael, Cameron Artis Payne

My lineup:

QB: Cam

RB: David Johnson

RB: Deangelo Williams

WR 1: Antonio Brown

WR 2: Megatron, Cobb, Sneed, or a WW WR

Flex: Ivory, Lacy, Stewart, or a WW RB

TE: Reed

Def: Chiefs

K: Gostkowski

I'll help in return. Please post a link.

I know the saying goes never bench your studs, which normally applies to Calvin Johnson, but you are right that he has put up 2 duds recently. The only good thing going for him is he is facing the 49ers (granted he was facing a horrible secondary in the Saints as well). I do like Lockett though as he has gotten better recently. It's tough to trust Megatron right now and I think I would sit him in favor of Lockett.

If Stewart plays, I would play him in the FLEX, but if he doesn't I wouldn't play any of those options that you already have. Lacy and Ivory are to inconsistent. I don't think I'd play any of those waiver wire RBs with the exception of Bilal Powell. He has been pretty good with receptions. You can't start a WR in your FLEX? I'd almost pick up Lockett and Wheaton and play one at WR2 and one at FLEX. Otherwise, i'd get Powell.

I know the saying goes never bench your studs, which normally applies to Calvin Johnson, but you are right that he has put up 2 duds recently. The only good thing going for him is he is facing the 49ers (granted he was facing a horrible secondary in the Saints as well). I do like Lockett though as he has gotten better recently. It's tough to trust Megatron right now and I think I would sit him in favor of Lockett.

If Stewart plays, I would play him in the FLEX, but if he doesn't I wouldn't play any of those options that you already have. Lacy and Ivory are to inconsistent. I don't think I'd play any of those waiver wire RBs with the exception of Bilal Powell. He has been pretty good with receptions. You can't start a WR in your FLEX? I'd almost pick up Lockett and Wheaton and play one at WR2 and one at FLEX. Otherwise, i'd get Powell.

Thank you! Yes I can start a WR at Flex but didn't particularly like my options there. Will consider Lockett and Wheaton.

I am playing against Stafford, so for that reason I say roll with Megatron, he is due for a huge bounceback against a crappy team.

And my gut says Lacy. He seems to be alternating good vs. bad games lately, and this might be his game to go nuts again.

i know its a tough call but i would stick with Calvin and then flex Lockett this week. Crazy but i trust Lockett more then those RBs this week. Wilson loves the kid

thanks for the help

Thanks for mine.

I'd definitely start Megatron as WR2. His ankle hopefully is better by now.

For flex, I'd start Stewart if he plays and then Ivory (gulp) as he seems like a better choice than flexing Cobb or Lacy.

If you go on the the never sit your studs theory then you start Calvin. If the Hesitation is great enough to doubt that play then grab Lockett. Cobb is wildly inconsistent and Snead looks like he will be without Brees. As far as flex: if Stewart plays which I really doubt then you play him. Otherwise i think powell is a great play this week

I get the hesitation, but I'd still say go with Megatron. Good matchup and I still think he's too talented to not bounce back after 2 straight duds. For flex, I'd actually see if you can get Powell. He has added value in PPR and there;s a good chance the Jets have to pass a lot to keep up with the Pats offense, which would bode well for Powell.

Thanks for the help with mine. Good luck!!

Archived