NBC Sports EDGE Forums

RP Rankings... **WHIR**

Schwagzor

I'm in a deep Dynasty league (12 teams, 30 man rosters, 5 NA/ 5 DL, 5x5 roto) that has a 2000IP limit and uses 3SP, 3RP, and 4P spots. Due to the high innings limit and the ability to start 7 RPs on any given day I like to use a few of my extra roster spots on solid RP that will help me with ERA/WHIP and have 9+k rates.

My current RP's are Chapman, Wade Davis, Familia, Doolittle, and McGee so I have room for 2 more (3 if you count Chapman's spot due to suspension).

All of the following players are on waivers after the draft and I want to add 2 of them. Who would be your top 5 out of this list to put a claim in for? Keep in mind I'm not really in dire need of saves so I would probably put Rodney last on this list even though he's most likely to start as a closer. That being said... saves still have value if one of my RP got hurt (or trade value).

Hoover, Clippard, Gregerson, Uehara, Quackenbush, Will Smith, Benoit, Carson Smith, Jepsen, Herrera, Strickland, Madson, Rodney, and Jeffress.

For me it goes

1. Will Smith

2. Hoover

3. Jeffress

4. Quackenbush

5. Strickland

This is strictly due to opportunity to save games.

For me it goes

1. Will Smith

2. Hoover

3. Jeffress

4. Quackenbush

5. Strickland

Thanks for the crazy fast reply... I actually was just editing my post to say I'm not super concerned with saves because I already have 5 closers and I'm very very active on the waiver wire.

I'd still go Smith #1, guy put up great numbers last year AND might be the closer.

Hoover, on the other hand, while the closer, is not as shiny.

Strickland had great numbers, so he might get a boost if you aren't concerned with saves.

I'd stay away from Gregerson (small injury, not an amazing pitcher, not a closer), Clippard, Rodney

For me it goes

1. Will Smith

2. Hoover

3. Jeffress

4. Quackenbush

5. Strickland

I do not mean to copy another guy but I think he nailed it on the head. I do want to put Hoover first as the job is his too lose but he is right that Smith is better and since they are waiver claims you do not want to miss out on him and as you said, not so worried about saves so you can take the risk.

On a side note I would see if Keone Kela is available. I know he is not a closer and is in a stacked Rangers bullpen but I see him being a closer at some point sooner rather than later. Worth it imo if you have space to stash him. He may not be a closer soon but just a guy too look our for imo...

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=584306

For me it goes

1. Will Smith

2. Hoover

3. Jeffress

4. Quackenbush

5. Strickland

I do not mean to copy another guy but I think he nailed it on the head. I do want to put Hoover first as the job is his too lose but he is right that Smith is better and since they are waiver claims you do not want to miss out on him and as you said, not so worried about saves so you can take the risk.

On a side note I would see if Keone Kela is available. I know he is not a closer and is in a stacked Rangers bullpen but I see him being a closer at some point sooner rather than later. Worth it imo if you have space to stash him. He may not be a closer soon but just a guy too look our for imo...

Kela is avail... didn't even notice... I thought he was kept.

I have #1 claim so I'll get at least 1 of them. I was thinking Will Smith because he has great strikeout potential, good ratios, and save potential. For #2/3 I was leaning Carson Smith and maybe Strickland? I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned Carson Smith in their top 5 given that saves aren't a huge priority.

For me it goes

1. Will Smith

2. Hoover

3. Jeffress

4. Quackenbush

5. Strickland

Kela is avail... didn't even notice... I thought he was kept.

I have #1 claim so I'll get at least 1 of them. I was thinking Will Smith because he has great strikeout potential, good ratios, and save potential. For #2/3 I was leaning Carson Smith and maybe Strickland? I'm kind of surprised no one mentioned Carson Smith in their top 5 given that saves aren't a huge priority.

The problem I have with Smith is that he is behind Kimbrell and Uehara. He won't get any saves, whatsoever.

I'm going to take W. Smith for sure and then I'll have 1 more roster spot (or 2 if I drop Clippard who was my 28th keeper).

I'm leaning towards Kela and Carson Smith and dumping Clippard.

Hoover will probably get taken in the 1st round of waivers by someone who is chasing saves so if I take W. Smith I don't think I'll be able to get him.

Any more thoughts on who I should put a claim in for after W. Smith?

W Smith for me guys

Yeah, def getting W. Smith with #1 waiver but I'll still have 1-2 spots open. Who would be your next couple choices? They are all on waivers so I want to put several in so I can make sure to get at least 2 or 3 of them.

W Smith for me guys

Yeah, def getting W. Smith with #1 waiver but I'll still have 1-2 spots open. Who would be your next couple choices? They are all on waivers so I want to put several in so I can make sure to get at least 2 or 3 of them.

Kela and Hoover

"As a precursor to the draft season, identifying pitchers who are stashes late in drafts can make the difference to having saves to trade and chasing them on the waiver wire. Deep in the heart of Texas, keep an eye on Keone Kela..."

Here is a good article on Keone Kela http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/knuckleball-news/report-alex-gordon-returning-to-royals/

Archived