NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

My prediction, if he wins he retires

No.  If he wins, he justifies to himself that he can keep going.

20 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

No.  If he wins, he justifies to himself that he can keep going.

Agreed.  If he wanted to "quit while on top", he would have retired in 2019 after they beat the Rams.

On one hand, you can say "He has nothing left to prove, why play?", but that's just as easily "He has nothing left to prove, why not play as long as he can if he is healthy and having fun?"

17 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

My prediction, if he wins he retires

Brady will never choose to retire from football. Football will choose to retire Tom Brady. As long as someone will let him play, he's going to play. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Brady will never choose to retire from football. Football will choose to retire Tom Brady. As long as someone will let him play, he's going to play. 

Agreed.  And, at this rate, he's likely to keep finding teams that wish to enlist his services for a while yet.

4 hours ago, ajs723 said:

I think he wants to set the bar so high nobody will reach it. He isn’t competing now with his peers. He’s competing with whomever is a qb in this league. Amazing.

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I think he wants to set the bar so high nobody will reach it. He isn’t competing now with his peers. He’s competing with whomever is a qb in this league. Amazing.

Sources: "Lebron to enter NFL draft as a QB and quit NBA to challenge Tom Bradys records." 

Edited by SyNdicateZ
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Sources: "Lebron to enter NFL draft as a QB and quit NBA to challenge Tom Bradys records." 

Oops double post

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Tom Brady has made the Super Bowl 10/21 years, 47%. Steph Curry’s career 3 PT percentage is 43%. So, Brady is more likely to reach a Super Bowl, than Curry is to make a 3 PT shot. That’s crazy!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Dislimb said:

Tom Brady has made the Super Bowl 10/21 years, 47%. Steph Curry’s career 3 PT percentage is 43%. So, Brady is more likely to reach a Super Bowl, than Curry is to make a 3 PT shot. That’s crazy!

Wild stat - not sure how predictive those percentages are of future performance, though.

2 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Yes you are correct. We could see Curry’s three point percentage drop. 

You picture Brady retiring after the next game?  Sad to see a man go out like that in his prime.

9 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You picture Brady retiring after the next game?  Sad to see a man go out like that in his prime.

No no, wishful thinking on your part. I enjoy seeing him do much much better than the haters project... over and over and over again. I want. This wheel to keep spinning. 😀

59 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

No no, wishful thinking on your part. I enjoy seeing him do much much better than the haters project... over and over and over again. I want. This wheel to keep spinning. 😀

Then either one’s percentage could drop in the next decade or two!

On 1/25/2021 at 2:08 PM, ajs723 said:

He's just lucky to play in the era of wussified NFL football. If he played back when you could hammer the QB, he would have been retired by a DE. If he was playing in the 70s, he wouldn't have made it to 35.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, FavreCo said:

He's just lucky to play in the era of wussified NFL football. If he played back when you could hammer the QB, he would have been retired by a DE. If he was playing in the 70s, he wouldn't have made it to 35.

EVERYTHING.....not just the NFL is soft these days. I remember walking 2 miles to school in the snow while it was snowing "risking my life"...nowadays...they cancel school cause "its too cold outside to have kids walking to school"....or..they would cancel school 24 hours in advance because of the threat of snow showers in the morning.SOFT! SOFT. i

• Like 2
On 1/25/2021 at 1:57 PM, kp96 said:

Manning way better than Brady.

At golf.

lol

At this.

And at anyone who thinks # of SBs won = level of QB greatness. Nobody was calling him the "GOAT" until he racked up about 4 or 5 SB. Based on that so-called logic, Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, and Joe Flacco (among others) were better QBs than Dan Marino. 

QBs don't win SBs; teams do. Offense, defense, coaching. A little luck doesn't hurt either and Brady makes cats with 9 lives envious. Manning meanwhile played with more or less crap Ds and a good but IMO somewhat overrated coach (who was brought in to fix the D and never really did). 

Also cheating doesn't hurt. Do you think Barry Bonds is the greatest HR hitter too?

There's a reason why during his tenure, Brady's backup QBs (none of whom went on to greatness to put it mildly) had about as good of a track record with the Pats as he did. Sure he's great, but lmao @ "GOAT."  There's also a reason you don't vote for HOF until a min of 5 yrs after someone retires and it's stuff like this; people hype up the guy who's fresh in their minds and dismiss greats as the memory of their greatness fades. 

I realize I'm spitting into the wind so this is my last post on the topic, Enjoy

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

EVERYTHING.....not just the NFL is soft these days. I remember walking 2 miles to school in the snow while it was snowing "risking my life"...nowadays...they cancel school cause "its too cold outside to have kids walking to school"....or..they would cancel school 24 hours in advance because of the threat of snow showers in the morning.SOFT! SOFT. 

Snow? Snow? We had to bring in our own snow from up North, then walk through it to school. What am I saying, school? we had to build our own school from snow and twigs.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, FavreCo said:

Why can't some people just give credit where credit is due? Criticizing Brady by claiming he wouldn't last as long if he didn't play in the era we're in. Ok? Cool. Neither would his peers who last I checked, play in the same era he's in that he outlasts them in...

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
16 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Why can't some people just give credit where credit is due? Criticizing Brady by claiming he wouldn't last as long if he didn't play in the era we're in. Ok? Cool. Neither would his peers who last I checked, play in the same era he's in that he outlasts them in...

Some people will grasp at any and every straw they can find to try and discredit the GOAT. 🤷🏻‍♂️

19 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

C'mon man, it's not Brady. It's just the era. Every QB plays well until their mid 40's now. *Holds hand to earpiece*... Correction, literally no other QB has ever been able to do this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"Brady merch sales hit record ahead of 10th SB"

AND ANOTHER ONE! (DJ Khalid)

Another broken record.....Can this jerseys sold atleast be the tie breaker between the Brady/Manning debate? Not the rings...but the Jersey Sales?

Edited by SyNdicateZ

Friendly reminder that it isn't just rings and Brady also has 3 regular season MVPs to his name. This is proof that he too can stat pad with good weapons like the rest of the regular season QB heroes.

• Like 3