NBC Sports Edge Forums

10 hours ago, sSektor said:

Friendly reminder that it isn't just rings and Brady also has 3 regular season MVPs to his name. This is proof that he too can stat pad with good weapons like the rest of the regular season QB heroes.

In a time where most careers don't last 10 years, he's suiting up for his tenth super bowl. Says it all really.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, fluffy69 said:

In a time where most careers don't last 10 years, he's suiting up for his tenth super bowl. Says it all really.

Most teams don't have 10 Superbowl appearances. In fact, after 54 years of Superbowls even the Steelers and Cowboys have "only" 8 and only the Pats have been in more than Brady. 

I think this is the real goal for Tom: have more Superbowls than the Pats ;)

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Most teams don't have 10 Superbowl appearances. In fact, after 54 years of Superbowls even the Steelers and Cowboys have "only" 8 and only the Pats have been in more than Brady. 

I think this is the real goal for Tom: have more Superbowls than the Pats ;)

Can i be the guy that predicts this is his last super bowl? or was that already done, like 6 super bowls ago?

• Haha 2
On 1/24/2021 at 3:20 PM, brockpapersizer said:

Another year another pile of dirt on the grave that was this debate.

time to dig up the grave for the sole purpose of burrying it again

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 1
On 2/3/2021 at 9:19 AM, fluffy69 said:

The # of 35 and older QBs is at an all time high. 7 in the playoffs. Never before happened. They last 10+ easy now. Other positions don't simply because of the pounding they take. Remember back when you could tackle the QB? Maybe you aren't old enough to remember real NFL football. Back when $ didn't drive the rule changes. We have 2 QBs in 2020 that are over 40. Neither would have been playing at 35 if they played in the era of tackle football. He's benefitting from the era of sissyfied NFL. He can curl up in the fetal position (which he does as did Manning) and not get punished. He can throw the football into the ground and not get a penalty or hit. All those things back in the real NFL, were met with punishing hits. He would have been gone via a broken down body or concussions long ago.

Some idiots want to take it even further now.

https://theundefeated.com/features/nfl-rules-need-to-change-protect-mobile-quarterbacks/

Harbaugh added: “This next generation of quarterbacks, it’s going to be just as true if not more true. I think the rules will have to be adjusted to protect those guys in terms of how they’re playing the game, and that will be the next step.”

Just put flags on everyone and we can watch guys play into their 60s.

Not denying he's one of the greatest of all time but he (along with every other QB) now benefits from the rule changes that extended his and everyone elses QB careers. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

The # of 35 and older QBs is at an all time high. 7 in the playoffs. Never before happened. They last 10+ easy now. Other positions don't simply because of the pounding they take. Remember back when you could tackle the QB? Maybe you aren't old enough to remember real NFL football. Back when $ didn't drive the rule changes. We have 2 QBs in 2020 that are over 40. Neither would have been playing at 35 if they played in the era of tackle football. He's benefitting from the era of sissyfied NFL. He can curl up in the fetal position (which he does as did Manning) and not get punished. He can throw the football into the ground and not get a penalty or hit. All those things back in the real NFL, were met with punishing hits. He would have been gone via a broken down body or concussions long ago.

Some idiots want to take it even further now.

https://theundefeated.com/features/nfl-rules-need-to-change-protect-mobile-quarterbacks/

Harbaugh added: “This next generation of quarterbacks, it’s going to be just as true if not more true. I think the rules will have to be adjusted to protect those guys in terms of how they’re playing the game, and that will be the next step.”

Just put flags on everyone and we can watch guys play into their 60s.

Not denying he's one of the greatest of all time but he (along with every other QB) now benefits from the rule changes that extended his and everyone elses QB careers. 

Give it a break ... My first memory of a Super Bowl was Joe Namath in 1969. Twenty thirty years ago players always head hunted. That was how the game was played. Defensive backs punished wide receivers ending numerous careers. The game evolved. Now it’s time you catch up to speed. 

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Give it a break ... My first memory of a Super Bowl was Joe Namath in 1969. Twenty thirty years ago players always head hunted. That was how the game was played. Defensive backs punished wide receivers ending numerous careers. The game evolved. Now it’s time you catch up to speed. 

:lol: 'Evolved'. It's on the verge of 2 hand touch. 

While you live in your little fantasy world, I'm pointing out reality.

24 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

:lol: 'Evolved'. It's on the verge of 2 hand touch. 

While you live in your little fantasy world, I'm pointing out reality.

Sure, but I think there are 2 realities here.

- Reality 1: seeing heads ripped off and limbs flying through the air is fun. Kill the bastards, if not now then at least 15 years from now when their lives are ruined by CTE
- Reality 2: you can also have tough game where you try not to kill each other.

Reality 1 was fine in the 70s - the 1270s, I mean. For other people it's 2021 and time to move on.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Sure, but I think there are 2 realities here.

- Reality 1: seeing heads ripped off and limbs flying through the air is fun. Kill the bastards, if not now then at least 15 years from now when their lives are ruined by CTE
- Reality 2: you can also have tough game where you try not to kill each other.

Reality 1 was fine in the 70s - the 1270s, I mean. For other people it's 2021 and time to move on.

Are you implying you don't want to see players being paralyzed and/or getting their skulls cracked open on live TV? Shame on you for suggesting the NFL should continue to protect the short and longterm health of players that average 3.3 years in the league.

• Like 1
Just now, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Mods, i believe this thread can now be locked, there is no further argument to be made

The real question is: Why was it opened to begin with?

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The real question is: Why was it opened to begin with?

Because we are an argumentative bunch of nerds. No discussion is final, unless we ourselves have said the final word on it. 

Admit it, now that I have said the final word, you immediately want to reopen the discussion.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Because we are an argumentative bunch of nerds. No discussion is final, unless we ourselves have said the final word on it. 

Admit it, now that I have said the final word, you immediately want to reopen the discussion.

That is gold jerry, gold, now i have the final word haha

Tom Brady was great and obviously the Bucs thoroughly outplayed the Chiefs. Mahomes wasn't bad either, its just that he was running for his life for most of the game and his receivers kinda let him down with the drops. CEH showed some juice but not enough to be featured. Only 9 rushes for 64 yards and 2/3 receptions for 23 yards.

• Like 1