NBC Sports Edge Forums

Joe Mauer 2016 Outlook

mrfrood

In a perfect world, yes I think he could do that. But I consider that outcome highly unlikely.

I think the best case scenario for him this year would be .290, 10 homers, 150 R+RBI, .800 OPS

Three run oppo shot for his second HR of spring Training! He's primed for a huge year!

In all seriousness, I think he will bounce back this year. A lot of positive news out there about his vision problems that plagued him for the past two years being non-existent. I think in leagues that count walks or OBP he will be more valuable than the standard 5x5 league.

I'm thinking over .300 batting average, over 10 HRS, .820+ OPS.

• 2 weeks later...

Um: I think they were being sarcastic.

RW blurbs have gone down the tubes - and when, for the love of God, will they stop inappropriately hyphenating phrasal adjectives!?

• 2 weeks later...

This guy is locked in though. K:BB is elite right now. He's seeing ball extremely well. In OBP leagues he could be a very solid asset.

• 3 weeks later...

think we might see some of his production from april again? dude was just dropped in my league

Moved back to 3 hole. He was doing fine until they moved him to leadoff. I own Sano and Park so (unfortunately) subject myself to watching a lot of Twins game, announcers were saying how his approach changed since moving to leadoff. Now that he's back in 3 hole should help him get right. Depending on league size he's a solid guy to plug and play based on matchups.

• 2 weeks later...

His HR often go opposite field, I have to wonder if he's trying to do that?

I know his one season with power, right before his big contract, he would hit them oppo, but then his injuries sapped his power.

• 2 months later...

seriously dude ... WTF did he have a load in his pants

Outfield Assist: Guyer (Mauer at 2nd base); Davis (Mauer at 1st base); Almonte (Mauer at 3rd base).

Just missed the CYCLE!

First one was a ball that Guyer closed in on and barely missed it...believe it was in and then out of his glove very quickly...sort of a shoe string kind of catch...a 'tweener'...Mauer was half way, but Guyer got right up and threw him out at 2b...not much he could have done there w/out knowing if it was going to be caught or not. Second one was a bonehead play for sure...he was too far off and got picked off trying to get back on a ball hit to CF/Davis. Third time was not his fault; Kepler ran up his butt when he should not have...ball was hit hard right at Almonte and he did very briefly bobble it, but Mauer wasn't going to and should not have been going to 3B on that ball hit almost right at Almonte...that one was not his fault. 

Archived