NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drop Lackey for Ventura, Leake, Teheran? WHIR

kornball

Drafted last night and got Lackey in a rather late round. I'm not too high on him after his career high strand rate (>80%) and his move to Wrigley. Is it too hasty to replace him with any of the following:

Yordano Ventura, Mike Leake, Julio Teheran, Taijuan Walker, Wei-Yin Chen

The rest of my team is in my signature. Leave a link and WHIR. Thanks!

edit - spelling

Not at all. TWalker was great at the end of last year so he would be a great flyer. WChen has been so good in the AL East and now pitches in NL East in a great park. Very underrated.

I'd be ok cutting Lackey for either of those guys.

I have no issue with dropping Lackey for Chen, Walker, Ventura, or Teheran. Lackey is decent but he doesn't offer the upside of the 4 options. I may be going out on a limb here but I think Walker is going to take a significant leap forward this season and be a top 25-30 SP.

walker has the most upside, and chen may be the safest...have no issues with dropping lackey for either of those guys...and in a league this shallow with guys like that in the pool, even if one doesn't pan out, there will be someone to pick up to replace him anyway.

If it was me I probably keep Lackey. Only because he is consistent. He is going to give you probably 13 wins 200 innings and a 3.30 Era or so. K/9 isn't horrible. You have a great pitching staff. That being said if you are going to trade him I would go after Chen.

Archived