NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Harrison Bader - OF STL

Str8Cash

Following the footsteps of Piscotty, just a few inches shorter and a bit more speed. The 21-year-old Bader is out of the University of Florida by way of the '15 draft class (3rd rounder) and is starting out at AA after a solid Midwest League debut showing last season. Has recorded at least two hits in each of first four games this season and is 9 for 19 overall (8 singles, 2B, SB).

Stands 6' 195, above average tools across the board. Type of guy that can play all three outfield spots and hit anywhere in the lineup.

• 2 weeks later...

4BB 22K's only concern

Well Most college bats from the 2015 draft class are still in A or High A right now except Bregman. It was a pretty aggressive promotion and its a good to see he's hitting some power and BA despite it..

HOLY JEEBUS

Dynasty gold here. Should hit for decent power and some speed. I could see him being more fantasy valuable than Psciotty or similar.

I'm thinking he's up next year, and kind of want him to be for personal fantasy contract reasons, but he could make a push for this year if things break right.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

For fantasy, I think he's a top 40-50 prospect right now. Wasn't on most top 100s at years start. Could be in St Louis this season, probably not though. 

If Grichuk sucks again this time and Bader is tearing up AAA it's possible. Big shout out to this thread I was able to snag him in most of my dynasty leagues. Had to trade for him in one but got him on the cheap. 

Edited by tootallball

Just now, tootallball said:

If Grichuk sucks again this time and Bader is tearing up AAA it's possible. 

Grichuk isn't even a projected more than a platoon guy right now. Moss is on the DL with an anke sprain and be back. Not a lot of spots. They would have to be pretty desperate. 

Lots of red flags here:

1) Low BB%

2) High K%

3) caught stealing a lot

The power is good but so far I see no indication he can hit well enough at the MLB level.  I was a fan of HB earlier in the season but the shine is wearing off after a lousy June and the splits indicate he can't hit righties (though SSS).  I'll give him a top 100 prospect rating but I won't like it and it won't be in the top 75 for sure.  Probably a platoon bat at best.

They will be patient with Bader and give him plenty of time in AAA ball before bringing him up; he might not even get a September call up.  Kevin Wheeler on the 101 ESPN here in St. Louis said today that Bader reminds him alot of Grichuk right now...too many strike outs.

• 8 months later...
11 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Update on Bader? Is he a front runner for getting 4th OF spot, eventually taking over when Grichuk sucks again?

No, Jose Martinez and Pham will likely make up the 4/5. Jose (28yrs old) was called up in September last yr and hit .438/1.000. and .400/1.335 so far in ST. He has looked comfortable at the plate and Mozeliak has talked him up a little bit. And quite frankly, as a Cards fan, I like what I've seen from Martinez beyond the slash line. I think he would get the next opportunity if Grichuk can't put it together. 

A September call-up may not be a stretch for Bader but the Cardinals have plenty of options this year.