NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Floyd 2016 Season Outlook

So hard to start with confidence. I'd prefer to see a week or two of actual production before taking the leap of faith. Until then, there's a 5th round pick just burning a hole in my bench.....

Is anyone starting him @ BUF and feeling really good about the choice?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Mahomet said:

So hard to start with confidence. I'd prefer to see a week or two of actual production before taking the leap of faith. Until then, there's a 5th round pick just burning a hole in my bench.....

No I'm not starting him or even considering him. Right now he's one step away from being a bye week casualty. 

You can't think about his 5th Round pick status. We were clearly wrong for picking him that high. I just hope you hit on some of your later round picks to make up for it. 

1 hour ago, Mahomet said:

i'm giving him this week before i start to worry. i look at how the Jets' receivers did in Buffalo last week and feel like I can't not start him this week.

Just really underestimated how many targets there are on that offense. Watching their games, anytime ARI goes 3 and out it's brutal because you REALLY need the additional snaps when they move down the field. Sucks that I'm probably gonna start Tyrell over Floyd because opportunity > being proven. I can trust that Rivers needs Tyrell against IND, but Palmer may not need Floyd versus Buf. 

Talk about overreaction to the max lol Dude is getting targeted and already has 5 redzone targets. He will be fine. It's just the Fitz show right now. He will no doubt wear down as the year goes on (similar to last year) and Floyd will break out in a huge way. He's in a good offense with a QB that loves to throw it deep. Calm down. You want real problems, try being a Cobb owner :mellow:

On 8/24/2016 at 3:26 PM, NYR Fan 116894 said:

Brown still dealing with headaches (which sucks because I love watching him play and who knows the severity of this concussion)

Fitz another year older and with that MCL issue (obviously won't affect his Week 1 availability, but something to monitor) 

Floyd is the only fully healthy one of the trio out in Arizona. He himself dealt with the broken fingers early last season and a hammy injury a little later on, but he's 100% healthy now. 

Contract year to boot too. I'm putting my flag down here. I'm predicting a top 10 WR finish for Floyd. Wish I owned him in more leagues. 

Ugh, the kiss of death. Me predicting a big breakout for a player.

Good news, we're only 1/8 way through the season. Bad news, he'll have to overcome my prediction curse. 

Ugh.

He looks completely out of sync with Palmer through the first 3 games. But you have to bet on this offense to click. David Johnson occupies some targets now but he will also open up downfield shots to Floyd again. Floyd had his hands on another deep bomb in double coverage but couldn't hang on. That's 3 weeks of missed big plays/TDs he normally makes, with his talent you can call it drops if you want. Floyd is a notoriously slow starter. It's pretty clear he needs to step his game up in a contract year. Can't imagine Arizona breaking the bank with so many in-house weapons, but Arians will use Floyd no matter what. The targets are encouraging and if the offense shows glimpses of 2015, he'll be a fine WR2 play down the stretch.

Edited by frog34
19 minutes ago, Itsame said:

Anyone starting to get worried about his situation? I expected a lot more from him. John Brown seems to be on his way back. Not to mention that DJ, Jaron Brown and Fitz are playing great.

I've moved past the worry stage. He's nothing more than a bye week replacement at this point. He's an easy drop in 10 team leagues. I guess I'm stuck with him in my 12 team league for the time being. He's not start worthy outside 16 team leagues. 

I agree Palmer is the problem most of the throws are off target, he threw 4 int yesterday against a below average defense he might have some sort of injury or father time has called.  Hopefully he can adjust maybe shorten his throws more like Brady.  Palmer has always had a good deep ball and last year he made his money on 15 plus yard passes.  This year not so much.

2 hours ago, Zaschrona said:

Floyd isn't the problem. Palmer is the guy who is really, really struggling so far.

Floyd isnt the problem - did you watch the game? He had another drop and his routes are honestly terrible. He rounds everything off. He left Palmer out to dry for a pick in the endzone. Floyd had to cut outside and show his numbers to the qb, would have been a TD. Instead he rounded his route off which allowed the DB to get under him for the pick. Palmer looked bad yesterday but Floyd still could have had a TD and a bunch more yards if he could actually play up to his potential. As an actual Cardinals fan im so tired of Floyd....

13 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Floyd isnt the problem - did you watch the game? He had another drop and his routes are honestly terrible. He rounds everything off. He left Palmer out to dry for a pick in the endzone. Floyd had to cut outside and show his numbers to the qb, would have been a TD. Instead he rounded his route off which allowed the DB to get under him for the pick. Palmer looked bad yesterday but Floyd still could have had a TD and a bunch more yards if he could actually play up to his potential. As an actual Cardinals fan im so tired of Floyd....

I agree. It's definitely not all on Palmer.

I fell for the Floyd hype for the second time in 3 years. Quite frankly, we should be thankful that he ended the game with 65 yards.

I got suckered in after I owned him last year, he did nothing for me so I traded him in a package deal and then he blew up. It's deja vu all over again and I feel the minute I bench him is the minute he goes off. All my WR3 options are shaky, Golden Tate, DeVante Parker (who in Week 3 I flexed) and Floyd, so it's hard to bench without better options. Parker scares me going against the Bengals on Thursday Night (Thursday Night plays NEVER work out for me) so it's probably another week of Floyd. Frustrating because I thought having Floyd along with Deandre Hopkins and Mike Evans, I had the best trio in the league.

He didn't catch a TD until week 6 last year. He didn't surpass 59 receiving yards until week 8. I'm not saying there isn't legitimate reason to worry with Palmer's decline and the number of other quality receiving threats on his team, but I have faith he will turn it around and be a solid WR2/3 this season. Probably could get him as a cheap throw-in in a deal if his owner is deep at WR and/or is impatient.

Edited by bigpapi88
5 hours ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

So much this.

He was TERRIBLE yesterday and it was readily apparent if folks actually watched the game. I live in AZ (originally from NY) so I had the Cards going while streaming the Giants v. Skins game and man, Floyd was far and away the worst player on the field when the Cardinals were on O. 

As you pointed out, he had a big drop AND his route running led to an interception in the end zone. He ran directly behind the defender while the ball was in the air instead of boxing him out and going up for the catch, the result was a backbreaking turnover. If there was any one play that we can point to as THE defining moment of the Cardinals demise yesterday it was that.

David Johnson also had a miscue on route running that led to an interception but Floyd's came in the end zone, just, terrible...

I don't have a ton of confidence in him right now but I do believe in his talent. He needs to get his head into the game.