NBC Sports EDGE Forums

When to use high priority waiver claim? WHIR

Darkthrone

In my 20 team league I have the 2nd highest waiver priority. The problem however is that I feel like waiver position is to good to use on lower value players even though they would be upgrades on my current team.

What do you think the best approach is? Wait for a gem to possibly hit waivers or burn it on a small team upgrade?

Thanks, and I will try to WHIR

I would bluff. When a guy who is a slight upgrade for u appears IE Alcides Escobar cut to replace ur Desmond type move. U can announce in ur smack talk that don't waste ur waiver u are burning 2 on the pickup. Then after waivers processes try to get on early in morning like 3AM and make the move off FA. If 1 uses his claim there is never nothing u can do. But u may be surprised that this trick is actually pretty good. A 20 team league is thinner though so the guy with the 20 waiver claim can stream a waiver guy everyday without penalty just his moves limits.

I don't see how that trick works. You can always put in a claim and if you don't get it you lose nothing.

Use a waiver if it will improve your team. In a 20 teamer I doubt you see big upgrade guys come along unless there are no prospects in your pool and they only become available once they hit the majors.

That's really hard. I am wondering the same thing but have specific people in mind. 20 team league probably doesn't have big names hit the wire as often as say a 12 or 10 team league, so I think I would use it IF the player is a need, not a want as an upgrade

Help me? http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=589909

Yeah deep league like that I would use it on anything that is a sure fire improvement to the squad. However you never really know, last year I hoarded my #1 waiver spot from the previous season in a dynasty league and a manager dropped Pujols when he was still under the Mendoza line after the first month of the season and looked like toast on top of the foot thing.

Archived