NBC Sports Edge Forums

FA Help in Deep 20-teamer: WHIR!

smokymonkey

20-team, 6x6 roto (standard 5x5 plus OPS & Holds). 1250 IP limit.

IF: Realmuto ©, Ortiz (1B), LaMahieu (2B), Seager (3B), Semien (SS)

OF/UT: Harper, J-Upton, Belt (OF), Myers (UT)

BN: Valencia (3B/OF), Gennett (2B), Peraza (NA), Pollock (DL)

SP: Snydergaard, Smyly, Ventura, Hammel, Erasmo-Ram, D-Norris (DL)

RP: AJ Ramos, Cecil, Justin Wilson, Zych, Jumbo Diaz

1. So it's time to drop Jumbo Diaz now that he's been sent down. I need to replace him with another Holds guy. Unfortunately, the wire is pretty bare. The best bets are Farquahar, Hochevar, Derek Law, Xavier Cedeno, Salas, Shaw, Thornburg, Yimi Garcia, Henderson, Osich, Dull & Jose Alvarez. I don't know much about most of them except for Lord Farquhar & Henderson, who've burned me in the past. Who would you grab?

2. Lind, Moreland, Kiermaier & Melky are all out on waivers right now. I don't need them, really (I've got 3 1Bs and some OF depth), but I'm also thinking most of them should be owned in a 20-teamer. Thoughts?

Thanks for the help! Leave a link.

That's tough. I'd probably go Yimi Garcia. He's got nice strike out potential but will give up some HRs.

David Phelps doesn't happen to be on WW does he? Mattingly recently said they're going to start using him late in games. 3% owned in yahoo with SP/RP eligibility.

That's tough. I'm guessing Tony Cingrani is taken? Could be a potential SV guy with good Ks.

Second question, I like Melky a fair bit. He had a sneaky good second half last year, and should definitely be owned in a 20 teamer!

Archived