NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dynasty: Conforto+ for Rizzo (WHIR)

Ragnaroker

16 team deep dynasty league. My team is not firing on any cylinders and I'm having some pretty awful trouble early on. I was offered the following trade. We draft 2 rounds after each year for new players in Yahoo's pool/any leftovers.

I give: Michael Conforto, 2017 1st round pick

I get: Anthony Rizzo, 2017 2nd round pick

If things go the way they are, my pick is going to be high. I will miss out on one of the newer guys who isn't in Yahoo's pool right now. Currently I have Mark Teixera as really my only option at 1B... which isn't great since its dynasty. Conforto is exploding right now though I'm not entirely sure what to do. On one hand I get Rizzo, on the other I lose 3 years (age difference) and any shot at a nice young prospect next year. Am I overthinking it?

Any advice? Leave a link!

I'd do it. You lose out on the pick but I think Conforto winds up being more of a second or third roudn guy in his prime while Rizzo is a top 10 dynasty asset for me at the moment. The thing for me is that the new guy is just a prospect which means uncertainty. Plus the uncertainty that Conforto even reaches his full potential. I'd go for it

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=590477

Thanks for the help with mine last night. I'd take Rizzo. Conforto is solid, but Rizzo is a top 10-15 dynasty asset right now, and should be for years to come. It's tough losing a first round pick, but you don't even know if that pick will ever pan out. I'd go with Rizzo. You know what you're getting, and what you're getting is grand.

I'm wanting Rizzo here, pretty easily. I don't think Conforto ever reaches Rizzo's level head-to-head. And draft picks are purely speculation. I wouldn't let one round of difference effect my thoughts on the trade.

I'm wanting Rizzo here, pretty easily. I don't think Conforto ever reaches Rizzo's level head-to-head. And draft picks are purely speculation. I wouldn't let one round of difference effect my thoughts on the trade.

agreed

I like taking Rizzo, he's pretty young himself. Also going to hit in a good Cubs lineup that should only get better as some of those young bats ripen.

Archived