NBC Sports Edge Forums

Aaron Blair 2016 Outlook

How did he look though? Next start scheduled against the Cubs, sounds scary.

You can look at the box score and you don't need answer. 2 walks and 1 k. That's horrible.

I don't think that's always true. Obviously the stat line is less than inspiring, but I'm wondering if he looked as bad as it sounds. I have a waiver claim in for him.

How did he look though? Next start scheduled against the Cubs, sounds scary.

You can look at the box score and you don't need answer. 2 walks and 1 k. That's horrible.

I don't think that's always true. Obviously the stat line is less than inspiring, but I'm wondering if he looked as bad as it sounds. I have a waiver claim in for him.

MarKakis did him no favors on the ground-rule double. He doesn't cover much ground, or track balls well IMO, regaurdless of the sabametrical defensive ratings. Jey-Hey would have caught that ball all day...

So his line would have been 1ER instead of 3, just sayin. He seemed a lil nervous early, but settled in nicely and had a nice pitch count going. He doesn't scream next big thing to me, but looks servicable. Atlanta is HORRIBLE, monitor his development and stay away other than dynasty for 2016 IMHO...

Dunno. The control just doesn't seem to be there. 45 out of 80 pitches for strikes in game 1, 48 of 85 for strikes tonight. That's not going to get it done.

I'm in a deep league, badly need low-end starting pitchers, but I'm getting ready to throw him back.

• 4 weeks later...

"The next big thing" has arrived. So stoked for his start .

Hoping everyone has a chance to add him now for free prior to the breakout

Technically he already arrived, he has to prove he belongs.

I'm a big fan. He's actually not "special" at all, per se; definitely not in the same tier of upside as someone like Eduardo Rodriguez.

But Blair is very projectable and will be more than serviceable for as long as he's in the NL. He's a groundball pitcher with excellent control. He compares very favorably to Aaron Nola imo. Blair is a very safe pitcher to own; I'm expecting him to be a qs machine moving forward.

Note: he will have an innings limit during h2h playoffs but we'll worry about that when we get there

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

Is this guy even worth holding in a dynasty league with another 3 years eligibility after this one?

Same question here. Is Blair still a hold in dynasty leagues at this point?

14 minutes ago, k.k. said:

I think that depends on depth and format. If you have a deep bench or can tuck him away in the minors, go for it. If each roster spot is precious and you are competing for this year, send him to the scrap heap. 

19 minutes ago, k.k. said:

I've watched the guy pitch twice so limited views of him.  My 2 cents ... he ain't good

Archived