NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rafael Soriano

News: Soriano had soreness in his elbow after pitching on Saturday and Sunday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. "I'm just not taking any chances," manager Bobby Cox said about not making him available for Monday's game.

I am a heavy Soriano owner so this is not so comforting news being that he complained of a sore elbow during ST.

All hail to George Sherill so far this young season(bows).

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
News: Soriano had soreness in his elbow after pitching on Saturday and Sunday, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. "I'm just not taking any chances," manager Bobby Cox said about not making him available for Monday's game.

I am a heavy Soriano owner so this is not so comforting news being that he complained of a sore elbow during ST.

Who would fill in in his stead? Peter Boylan?

and manny acosta

Moylan's the man here.

Not only is Moylan a workhorse who posted a 1.80era and 1.07 WHIP in 90 innings last year, but he also has signficantly better command than Acosta (3.10 to 5.32). All numbers aside, Cox has used Moylan in virtually every set-up situation. Id be incredibly surprised if Moylan didnt get the call.

I actually counted on this. I drafted Moylan in every league I could and even decided against keeping Soriano for cheap because I thought he was gonna break down.

Maybe I'll handcuff Moylan with Acosta just in case, but I think (and hope) youre wrong.

some days i think fantasy baseball would be alot more fun if saves werent a category... dealing with hurt closers, crappy closers or trolling for the mediocre guys who might get a shot when somebody goes down/loses his job... maybe that's fun for some, but not for me..

maybe the braves make a call to bob wickman? no, i dont think so...

can mark wohlers still bring it?

some days i think fantasy baseball would be alot more fun if saves werent a category... dealing with hurt closers, crappy closers or trolling for the mediocre guys who might get a shot when somebody goes down/loses his job... maybe that's fun for some, but not for me..

Something tells me Bob Wickmans phone is ringing........ B)

Chasing saves is a distraction that I dislike about fantasy baseball. You can't let it dominate your research and analysis process of other positions, let alone take up valuable roster spots.

Makes you think that without steroids and HGH floating around, why are all of these continually overused RP's getting hurt....

Archived