NBC Sports Edge Forums

JUp or Buxton in a keep 8 forever?

I've always disliked Upton but I admittedly have a fetish for prospects. With that being said, I'd still gamble on Buxton in a forever keeper league. I'm sure you can get him to add in a piece as well.

Agreed. Worth it as Upton has been horrible and could be in for a long drought. At least there is hope that a young buxton who was rushed to the majors can still turn it around.

As bad has Buxton looked in the majors Upton has looked as bad or worse with no upward swing in site. At least Buxton is in the minors working on correcting his issues and seems to be turning things around. I was one that thought they brought Buxton up too soon.

Buxton is only 22 and Upton is soon to be 29. In a forever league a redraft I'm going with Buxton. I think he comes back early June much improved. I'm not saying he will be the stud superstar we all hoped for. Just saying i think he helps fantasy teams . i dropped him when we froze rosters . Another manager drafted him and I got him back as part of a deal when he got sent to the minors.

Upton is totally lost. sometimes looks like a little leaguer at bat. The Tigers should have signed Cespedes to a 1 year deal. Now they are screwed with another bad contract. Cabrera, Sanchez, Verlander, Upton and Victor Martinez all BAAAAAAAAAD contracts that has already starting hurting them . Buts thats another story. Buxton is the guy you want.

I would hold Upton. Upton looks lost but he at least has a track record that indicates that he will figure it out. Buxton meanwhile has all the upside in the world but his minor league career is a litany of injuries and his major league career is a lot of poor performance. He's a guy like bad Scherzer or Danny Salazar where I don't mind being late on the breakout because the before breakout experience lasts for years and is extremely aggravating

I'll pm mine

Don't be surprised if you see the Tigers taking a page out of the Astros playbook and put Upton on the DL to give Moya some at bats and to let Upton try to figure out whats going on without hurting the team and him.

Buxton has sucked in the mjors because he han't had enough at bats in BOTH the majors and the minors to equal a full season . And to be fair a couple of his injuries were not like he had a bad shoulder . They were freak accidents.

Archived