NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

He finished with a 4-5 line with a homer and 2 runs and 2 rbis. I know is a SSS but I'm 12 games he's hitting .295 with an OBP of at least .350-.360 after tonight's performance. He's also got 3 hr, 9 runs scored and 8 rbis. If he keeps this up I give him two more weeks and he's getting the call. Just the feeling I get with how they've moved him along thus far. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Acuna homers in his 2nd AAA at bat.    

He's not coming this year most likely. those of you who think this is unfair that he's not in the majors please keep in mind that he's been very aggressively pushed already. Acuna could have been assi

Saw this on the Braves subreddit:   At A+: 6BB%, 32K%, .411BABIP, .191ISO, 135wRC+  At AA: 7BB%, 23K%, .396BABIP, .195ISO, 159wRC+  At AAA: 11BB%, 18K%, .354BABIP, .288ISO, 178wRC+

Posted Images

3 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

He finished with a 4-5 line with a homer and 2 runs and 2 rbis. I know is a SSS but I'm 12 games he's hitting .295 with an OBP of at least .350-.360 after tonight's performance. He's also got 3 hr, 9 runs scored and 8 rbis. If he keeps this up I give him two more weeks and he's getting the call. Just the feeling I get with how they've moved him along thus far. 

Who's going to sit for him though? They won't call him up to sit on the bench. 

5 hours ago, tingyangs6 said:

Who's going to sit for him though? They won't call him up to sit on the bench. 

Valid point but the Braves are now 9.5 out of the wild card. Would they move someone like Markakis to make room for him? It just seems weird to me that they would move him up the farm so quickly and not have intentions of calling him up to get playing time prior to September this year. I don't see them as a legit threat to make a run and grab one of the WC spots. The D'Backs and Rockies hold those two spots and then the Cubs, Pirates, and Cards are all ahead of them. The likes of which I don't see the Braves beating out the remainder of the year. 

With the Braves fading, I think the most realistic target date is now the second week of April. I can't imagine that they try to wait until Super-Two next season (but I acknowledge its possible). I also guess its possible that they give him a September call up, but that's incredibly poor asset management imo because you're giving up a year of team control for a meaningless month of baseball. Second week of April 2018 allows you to compete next season and keep the control... a la Kris Bryant.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, oswald737 said:

With the Braves fading, I think the most realistic target date is now the second week of April. I can't imagine that they try to wait until Super-Two next season (but I acknowledge its possible). I also guess its possible that they give him a September call up, but that's incredibly poor asset management imo because you're giving up a year of team control for a meaningless month of baseball. Second week of April 2018 allows you to compete next season and keep the control... a la Kris Bryant.

That's a good point as well. The way the rushed him just seems strange to me though. It seems like they were thinking they were a legitimate threat at a WC spot and wanted to get him on the club as soon as possible then their playoff hopes kind of fell apart over the last couple weeks and the plan changed. Hopefully he continues to rake in AAA the rest of the year if he doesn't end up getting the call. 

3 hours ago, oswald737 said:

This is definitely the most logical thing to do.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kevk44 said:

Not a chance...wishful thinking though.

Yeah, I was all for bringing him up to AAA but I don't think he's ready for the bigs this soon.. Maybe a September call up or in the middle of a hot streak. 

Saw this on the Braves subreddit:

At A+: 6BB%, 32K%, .411BABIP, .191ISO, 135wRC+ 

At AA: 7BB%, 23K%, .396BABIP, .195ISO, 159wRC+ 

At AAA: 11BB%, 18K%, .354BABIP, .288ISO, 178wRC+

So as a 19yo in the upper minors, Acuna has raised his walk percentage, .ISO, and wRC+ while lowering his strikeout percentage, and BABIP.

-----

Basically Cooperstown is inevitable.  

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Tomahawks said:

This kid should now be the #1 overall prospect 

Once he got moved up to AAA he became the number one prospect for me.  A lot has to do with steals being a big part of his fantasy game and very scarce right now, but just the fact that he could realistically be up as a teenager is special.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Once he got moved up to AAA he became the number one prospect for me.  A lot has to do with steals being a big part of his fantasy game and very scarce right now, but just the fact that he could realistically be up as a teenager is special.

100% agree. I grabbed him as soon as he hit AAA

So so nice to be all in on a guy when the hype train starts to roll. Still haven't fielded any offers yet, but soon. Soon. 

"No" will be easy-peasy

Edited by bdy1
2 hours ago, Kevk44 said:

I think it's starting to trend towards next year...sadly.

Braves are 11 games out and just called up the 20 year old Albies. I wouldn't be shocked if Acuna is next. He's hitting over .300 with 4HRs, 5dbls and 1triple in just 19 games. 

• Like 2