NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ronald Acuna - OF ATL

2 hours ago, rrrich46 said:

How good is anyone at the bottom of the Braves roster?

How much better are the top half of guys?  Kidding aside, Acuna should get the call if he keeps up this pace.  Any slump or excuse to keep him down should be expected

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Acuna homers in his 2nd AAA at bat.    

He's not coming this year most likely. those of you who think this is unfair that he's not in the majors please keep in mind that he's been very aggressively pushed already. Acuna could have been assi

Saw this on the Braves subreddit:   At A+: 6BB%, 32K%, .411BABIP, .191ISO, 135wRC+  At AA: 7BB%, 23K%, .396BABIP, .195ISO, 159wRC+  At AAA: 11BB%, 18K%, .354BABIP, .288ISO, 178wRC+

Posted Images

On 5/29/2016 at 4:06 PM, tootallball said:

Outfielder for the Braves in case anyone was wondering

My has the tone of this thread changed over the course of the year.

A bit of a cool story bro here, but I just grabbed him in my league which is a very limited keeper (only keep 3 guys at original round price).  I think there's a real chance he makes it up this year,  and I'm seriously considering making him my 3rd keeper regardless. As someone pointed out before what he's doing isn't unprecedented but I'm as confident as I've ever been in a prospect. He's going the be very special.

16 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Not that cool of a story 

Yeah yeah you know I meant "cool story bro" the thread, not an actual cool story.  Just trying to say I think he's not just a dyansty/deep keeper player anymore

5 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Yeah yeah you know I meant "cool story bro" the thread, not an actual cool story.  Just trying to say I think he's not just a dyansty/deep keeper player anymore

I'd say many of us in this thread have viewed him as the number one prospect for a while. His game is very fantasy friendly and he could be up this year.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I'd say many of us in this thread have viewed him as the number one prospect for a while. His game is very fantasy friendly and he could be up this year.

I don't think anyone would argue about him being the best prospect, at least not over the past month. I don't think anyone realistically would have expected him to make it up this year until recently

Don't the Braves have 2 spots open on their 40 man?  Should him not being on the 40 man even be an issue here?

I know the major league service time clock would start....but if Acuna is all he's cracked up to be, they at least would want to get him up and see him against major league pitching (saying this as an Acuna fan...ha)

16 minutes ago, crazybob60 said:

Don't the Braves have 2 spots open on their 40 man?  Should him not being on the 40 man even be an issue here?

I know the major league service time clock would start....but if Acuna is all he's cracked up to be, they at least would want to get him up and see him against major league pitching (saying this as an Acuna fan...ha)

Yeah the 40 man roster isn't an issue. As of right now, as far as I can tell, the only issue is starting his service clock vs getting him mlb experience in anticipation of a run next year/boosting hype to sell tickets.  Could really see the argument either way.

Do you guys think he projects as a 1 or 2 hitter?  He's got speed and pop so he could play either.  

1 - Inciarte

2 - Acuna

3 - Freeman

4 - Kemp

et all...

"He's swinging the bat really well. Even his outs are being hard hit," G-Braves hitting coach John Moses said. "He doesn't think, he just sees and hits it. And when he does, he's squaring them up. He's ready to hit, he's ready to hit 3-1, 2-0, even 3-0; he's hit a couple home runs on 3-0 counts. He's just a solid hitter. You don't have to tell him much, he just does it."

Edited by ragrag

With Kemp and Markakis having large contracts that go beyond this year, not sure they actually bring him up. Ideally the Braves would trade one of those contracts this offseason. Not sure sitting a big contract would help in moving them. He definitely deserves to be called up and be playing. Not sure everything adds up for that though. I'm excited for next season. Hopefully he meets all expectations 

I think there's a fairly good argument that if they plan to win next year, they probably want Acuna as part of the outfield. And i think he'll be more suitable to start next year with some at bats this year.

That being said, I'm not sure he gets called up this year or starts in the bigs next. Also, I really don't think he will be a fantasy savior this year, so I don't see why I  matters that much for us. I don't think he's that much more likely to win you a random week in September than Delino Delhields could.

I'm super excited and optimistic  to see what he does in his career, I just don't have the highest expectations for a small sample size this year.

Edited by brockpapersizer
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I think there's a fairly good argument that if they plan to win next year, they probably want Acuna as part of the outfield. And i think he'll be more suitable to start next year with some at bats this year.

That being said, I'm not sure he gets called up this year or starts in the bigs next. Also, I really don't think he will be a fantasy savior this year, so I don't see why I  matters that much for us. I don't think he's that much more likely to win you a random week in September than Delino Delhields could.

I'm super excited and optimistic  to see what he does in his career, I just don't have the highest expectations for a small sample size this year.

Not everyone is a mixed leaguer. In a 10 team NL only league he can have a ton of value down the stretch. Either way, I am not counting on him but it would be nice.

Braves attendance has been slipping a little recently so there is the added bonus of attracting more fans for the last month of a meaningless season. It's not like he hasn't earned it with his play at AAA. 

32 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Not everyone is a mixed leaguer. In a 10 team NL only league he can have a ton of value down the stretch. Either way, I am not counting on him but it would be nice.

Braves attendance has been slipping a little recently so there is the added bonus of attracting more fans for the last month of a meaningless season. It's not like he hasn't earned it with his play at AAA. 

They may be complacent at this point since their attendance is something like + 34% compared to last season. And to be honest I'm not sure a rookie phenom would even do that much for sales in ATL when the team isn't making the playoffs.