NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Rotoworld Software Upgrade Questions and Feedback

I'm getting more used to it, maybe because I have to. but that doesn't mean I really like it or that I understand the change in the first place. maybe more time will fix that, I'll see.

on the front pages with topics I still see white/gray/white/gray/ect. I think that should be new topics all one color and others gray. I see new replied topics are bold, but I don't think that is as noticeable as it should/could be.

I see too much WHITE in general, making the page brighter. I don't like pages that bright and hated it when yahoo changed. I find the brightness harder on the eyes than it was before.

• Root Admin
7 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

My feedback is that this sucks. I loved the old look and the navigation was much much much easier. It is like the saying "KISS" - Keep It Simple Stupid, the old layout was great and nothing was wrong with it. Why change it to this?

You'll get used to it.  We had far worse criticism last time we upgraded software.

2 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

I see the quote working well in this thread, but in baseball threads I can't tell who wrote what. 

The software has to rebuild the history including quotes.  Give it 2-3 days and it should slowly come back over that time.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

It's there on mine. The red dot is for threads I haven't written in, and the red star is for the threads in which I've replied. 

Ok, got it now.  I was looking within the post, like before.

2 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Surprisingly I don't mind it.  I usually hate updates.  So looks like I'll continue to not work much and neglect my family for rest of baseball season.  All is well.  

Just coming to say the same, I actually like this quite a bit. Runs smoother, quotes are starting to work now, and they are easier to do on mobile. I like substance upgrades, usually its just graphics and bs. 

• Like 1

My feedback, all for MOBILE version (android):

Like:

-That there is now a button to skip to the last page of a thread.

-That I can see who liked a post. 

-Ease of font editing instead of typing b with brackets, I can tap the B button.

Dislike:

-The bright white screen, this kills battery life (just used the bold button! :) )

-That the like button has a heart icon... can't it be a check mark or thumbs up? I like it, not in love lol

Must fix:

-Can't view the most recent post since I read a thread, I need to pick a page or view last post... If I can't hit a thread and view the newest post to me this becomes almost unusable to me on mobile and will kill thread convos.

I apologize if some of my feedback was covered already, I read the first 2-3 pages then TL;DR.

As long as you guys are working with the feedback I can see this being a great improvement in the long run. Thank you for taking time and helping with improvements and bearing the brunt of senseless complaining from some on here. 

Really appreciate the effort and time you mods put in to this. Thank you!

Edited by StevieStats
typo
  • Like 4

• Root Admin
27 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

My feedback, all for MOBILE version (android):

Like:

-That there is now a button to skip to the last page of a thread.

-That I can see who liked a post. 

-Ease of font editing instead of typing b with brackets, I can tap the B button.

Dislike:

-The bright white screen, this kills battery life (just used the bold button! :) )

-That the like button has a heart icon... can't it be a check mark or thumbs up? I like it, not in love lol

Must fix:

-Can't view the most recent post since I read a thread, I need to pick a page or view last post... If I can't hit a thread and view the newest post to me this becomes almost unusable to me on mobile and will kill thread convos.

I apologize if some of my feedback was covered already, I read the first 2-3 pages then TL;DR.

As long as you guys are working with the feedback I can see this being a great improvement in the long run. Thank you for taking time and helping with improvements and bearing the brunt of senseless complaining from some on here. 

Really appreciate the effort and time you mods put in to this. Thank you!

The other option for liking is a wink icon.  Better?

Don't understand your issue about last post.  Should be bright dot or star on the left side that take you to last post.  Even on mobile.

Hope that helps.

• Root Admin
28 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Why am I unable to reply to anything in the main baseball forum?

Because you are a probationary member.  After 10 approved actions, you will be bumped up and allowed to post in the main forums.

That's assuming you would prefer not to post under your old handle of soccerperson which is already approved. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Because you are a probationary member.  After 10 approved actions, you will be bumped up and allowed to post in the main forums.

That's assuming you would prefer not to post under your old handle of soccerperson which is already approved. 

This is what pops up after I try to log in on that one. I guess I'll just stick with this one - what is an approved action?

VGqpxR1.png

• Root Admin
8 minutes ago, street sharks said:

This is what pops up after I try to log in on that one. I guess I'll just stick with this one - what is an approved action?

VGqpxR1.png

You can contact them with the link or use the help/link in the OP.  10 approved actions to get into main forums.

Why are some threads bold and other threads not bold ? Seems like it might have to do with whether I've clicked inside them or not but even that does not seem consistent. Was it always that way ? I'd prefer all threads either be bold or not bold.  They way it is now is just harder to read.

Edited by fletch44

It seems to work ok while using Firefox, but when I use Chrome, I get other posts when I scroll to the bottom to reply.  Does anyone know how to contact Rotoworld to fix this?

Edited by Mobdad

12 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

Why are some threads bold and other threads not bold ? Seems like it might have to do with whether I've clicked inside them or not but even that does not seem consistent. Was it always that way ? I'd prefer all threads either be bold or not bold.  They way it is now is just harder to read.

They're unbold after you read them. If anyone posts after you read it, it goes bold again. Makes it easier to read imo

50 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The other option for liking is a wink icon.  Better?

Don't understand your issue about last post.  Should be bright dot or star on the left side that take you to last post.  Even on mobile.

Hope that helps.

Didn't know that, helps greatly! 

Also, just to clarify the heart comment was mostly light hearted... no pun intended... winking face or heart? Man those are pretty sexual. Dog humping leg an option?