Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Senzel- 3B Reds


Recommended Posts

On 6/22/2018 at 5:12 AM, Tryptamine said:

I'm a bit surprised that he's already showing as much pop as he has. I envisioned him as a 15HR bat in the majors when I drafted him, but he's already sporting enough power to do that at age 19. Can we dream on something as ridiculous as him becoming a 25HR 40SB player?

 

I comp him to Trea Turner with a better pedigree. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For what its worth, he's playing shortstop tonight at AAA (and has homered and stole a base for good measure)

Pretty different prospects. Moncada was (is) raw with great tools and contact issues. Senzel is considered the more polished hitter, but doesn't have the toolsy speed and raw power grades. Consider th

Apparently the boot is off.  

Posted Images

One silver lining here (for folks rostering him in keeper/dynasty leagues) is that he should retain his 3B eligibility in all leagues next season given that he won't be called up this year. That's potentially huge, particularly if he's called up early and you were looking to slot him in at 3B.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dark One said:

One silver lining here (for folks rostering him in keeper/dynasty leagues) is that he should retain his 3B eligibility in all leagues next season given that he won't be called up this year. That's potentially huge, particularly if he's called up early and you were looking to slot him in at 3B.

Amen to that . . .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could he be back this season???  Any docs or med pros in the house???

 

THURSDAY: The surgery was to “reduce the fracture,” per a club announcement, with “no damage to the tendon” requiring treatment. Whether or not that impacts the timeline is not known, but it seems there could be some hope for an improved outlook.

 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/06/reds-prospect-nick-senzel-to-have-season-ending-surgery.html 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.livestrong.com/article/450342-what-is-the-recovery-time-for-a-broken-finger-in-baseball-players/

 

 

If the break is severe, however, you may need to wear the splint or brace for longer, sometimes upward of six weeks. Even baseball players should follow these standard guidelines for recovery.

 

Surgery

If the fracture is too severe to merely splint, or the fracture radiates into the joint, you may need surgery to correct the injury. In this situation, your surgeon will realign the bone and then keep the alignment in place with pins or screws. Recovery for this procedure may take longer then the three to six weeks already mentioned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 12:59 PM, Sine_cera said:

 

 

 

What a lost year.  It has been one thing after another (vertigo, finger and now elbow).  Also the Reds seems pretty set in the infield with Gennett, Peraza and Suarez and India coming soon.  Senzel is probably going to move to the outfield and I don't think he has nearly as much value as an outfielder as he would as a middle infielder.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 5:52 AM, Lonny Baxter said:

 

 

What a lost year.  It has been one thing after another (vertigo, finger and now elbow).  Also the Reds seems pretty set in the infield with Gennett, Peraza and Suarez and India coming soon.  Senzel is probably going to move to the outfield and I don't think he has nearly as much value as an outfielder as he would as a middle infielder.  

Gennett is a free agent, i doubt they are willing to pay him

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dan said:

No, not yet.

You're right he's not a free agent but he is unsigned, his contract ended this year he's arb eligible they might trade him his arb number might be too high for them considering they have Senzel

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 4:53 PM, azeri98 said:

You're right he's not a free agent but he is unsigned, his contract ended this year he's arb eligible they might trade him his arb number might be too high for them considering they have Senzel

I could see them trading Gennett, but I doubt they just let him walk.  His arb number was only like 5.7M last season, so even with an upgrade on that it'll be around 8-9M at most I'd expect.  With the lost season, they would be stupid to not get something out of him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Senzel wont be called up until after Super 2 deadling IMO.  After the lost season last year, he needs to regroup in Minors.  Kemp, Puig and Gennett are FA after this year, so I feel like they wont bring back Scooter and 2B will be Senzel's.  When he is called up this year, he might get some time as a CF, since right now all they have is Schebler and Ervin.  I also think he will bounce around getting a few starts at 3B (to give Suarez a day off) and 2B.  At this point, owners (like myself) are going to have to wait until 2020 for the full breakout IMO.  I hope I am wrong and they trade Scooter, but with the FA market saturated with 2B, I doubt that happens

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, loro1991 said:

I swear, if the Red's twitter makes a comment like that about Senzel looking like he's been in CF his whole life and they DON'T start the season with him up....

as long as you have decent speed cf is one of the easiest positions to play.

he should be fine

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, loro1991 said:

I swear, if the Red's twitter makes a comment like that about Senzel looking like he's been in CF his whole life and they DON'T start the season with him up....

If they don't it will only be for a couple of weeks so they can control him for another year. It sucks, but that is the way the game is played. Majority of people would argue that if the Reds were smart they would not start the season with Senzel. If they controlled him for another season they would essentially locks in his prime years or they could negotiate a long term contract that buys out a season or two of free agency and completely locks in his prime. I would love to see the Reds treat him right and play him out of the gate...and in return Senzel shows appreciation through loyalty. But, finding clubs to give up a year of control for a couple of weeks in March/April is tough to find. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, thezing1 said:

If they don't it will only be for a couple of weeks so they can control him for another year. It sucks, but that is the way the game is played. Majority of people would argue that if the Reds were smart they would not start the season with Senzel. If they controlled him for another season they would essentially locks in his prime years or they could negotiate a long term contract that buys out a season or two of free agency and completely locks in his prime. I would love to see the Reds treat him right and play him out of the gate...and in return Senzel shows appreciation through loyalty. But, finding clubs to give up a year of control for a couple of weeks in March/April is tough to find. 

 

Agree 100%, it's the right thing for a FO to do. Though I am waiting for and expecting, especially with how this offseason and talk of tanking has gone on, for a team like the Padres or Reds to start the season with a player like Senzel or Paddock up to make a 'statement' about being ready to compete and to try and get a fanbase excited. Regardless of service time. Don't get me wrong I know it's not practical but I think we will see it at some point. Could serve as a culture shift for some teams that have been losing.

Edited by loro1991
Link to post
Share on other sites

if I had to guess I would say Senzel starts the season in the minors and then as long as he is producing him bring him up after 2-3 weeks. the Reds could use the "excuse" that it gives Senzel more games in CF before then call him up to play CF. I don't think the Reds are going to suffer because they have other capable options.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kemp, Schebler, Winker, and even having Lorenzen in the OF might delay his MLB clock a bit, but I'd think Lorenzen is a flyer at best out there and will need several months of MILB defensive seasoning.  

Missed out on him in my slow draft, where was taken at 119 overall in dynasty, so the hype train is very real in those formats.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2016 at 6:25 PM, FouLLine said:

 

Senzel did win The Cape Cod League MVP also.  So that helped his draft stock a lot, probably more so than his college season.  As The Cape Cod League is wood and against better competition 

Personally I'm curious to see how these college players translate to proball.  No really big names.  Honestly this draft class wasn't nearly as intriguing as years past (last year's wasn't all that great either).  

Link to post
Share on other sites

What do guys expect from him this year? I’m considering adding him but it’s a redraft league and I already have Vlad and Eloy, so I’d really need him to produce now.   And by the way, is Yahoo the only ones who doesn’t have him as 2B eligible? I really wish they did.

Edited by DFWSooner
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...