Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nick Senzel- 3B Reds


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, QALIYATSIA said:

Personally I'm curious to see how these college players translate to proball.  No really big names.  Honestly this draft class wasn't nearly as intriguing as years past (last year's wasn't all that great either).  

Senzel did win The Cape Cod League MVP also Xender Discord Omegle So that helped his draft stock a lot, probably more so than his college season.  As The Cape Cod League is wood and against better competition 

Edited by QALIYATSIA
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For what its worth, he's playing shortstop tonight at AAA (and has homered and stole a base for good measure)

Pretty different prospects. Moncada was (is) raw with great tools and contact issues. Senzel is considered the more polished hitter, but doesn't have the toolsy speed and raw power grades. Consider th

Apparently the boot is off.  

Posted Images

He has been running this spring. I believe he’s 3/3 on SB opportunities. Just saw one he had vs Kluber. I know this is pure conjecture, but he looks really fast.

 

I know that scouts have discussed plus speed for him but he might be FAST fast... If that makes senze.

 

would love to see how he ranked among StatCast top sprint speed

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2019 at 1:46 PM, to_be_quite_frank said:

He has been running this spring. I believe he’s 3/3 on SB opportunities. Just saw one he had vs Kluber. I know this is pure conjecture, but he looks really fast.

 

I know that scouts have discussed plus speed for him but he might be FAST fast... If that makes senze.

 

would love to see how he ranked among StatCast top sprint speed

 

h0B185B00

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

C. Trent Rosecrans, long time Reds beat writer now with the Athletic, did his opening day roster projection yesterday and he expects Senzel to make it. I personally think the Schebler has had a great enough spring to provide them the justification to holding Senzel down for a few weeks or until Schebler inevitably struggles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scooter just just got helped off the field due to an apparent groin issue. It's easy for the Reds to use the crowded OF/learning CF excuse but if Scooter has to miss time the Reds might have a tougher time explaining going with Dietrich or Iglesias (Peraza to 2B) over Senzel.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BleedRedsRed said:

Scooter just just got helped off the field due to an apparent groin issue. It's easy for the Reds to use the crowded OF/learning CF excuse but if Scooter has to miss time the Reds might have a tougher time explaining going with Dietrich or Iglesias (Peraza to 2B) over Senzel.

I saw that you posted this in the Scooter Gennett Thread earlier, "When Senzel went to AAA last year he was started primarily at 2B. Zero errors in 137 chances". I thought that was great info! Gives me hope that Senzel could be thrown right into 2B to start the season. Do you think that is actually an option or more rooting for it to happen?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, avatoot said:

I saw that you posted this in the Scooter Gennett Thread earlier, "When Senzel went to AAA last year he was started primarily at 2B. Zero errors in 137 chances". I thought that was great info! Gives me hope that Senzel could be thrown right into 2B to start the season. Do you think that is actually an option or more rooting for it to happen?

He only had 28 games at 2b last year, small sample size.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, avatoot said:

I saw that you posted this in the Scooter Gennett Thread earlier, "When Senzel went to AAA last year he was started primarily at 2B. Zero errors in 137 chances". I thought that was great info! Gives me hope that Senzel could be thrown right into 2B to start the season. Do you think that is actually an option or more rooting for it to happen?

 

It was obviously the intention to start preparing Senzel to be the primary heir to 2B in 2019 in case they traded Scoot at the deadline. Their is no reason he couldn't handle the situation, any speedy third baseman can handle 2B. Sure there is some hand skills that could be refined but the difference in his bat vs Iglesias makes it a no brainer.

Ultimately I am more rooting for it than expecting it, but for me this becomes a serious PR situation for the Reds front office. Yesterday (before the Scooter injury) Senzel's agent attacked the Reds decision to demote him. 

While it seems clear to me that the Reds are manipulating service time, it also seems like a semi reasonable excuse with Puig/Winker/Kemp/Schebler that the Reds could afford to send Senzel down and still maintain they are actually trying to make the playoffs this season. With Scooter gone that excuse completely flies out the window and as a (fanatic) fan I am going to be supremely pissed if Castellini doesn't do the right thing here. I usually drive a couple hours to catch 5 or 6 games a year but if this BS continues I might just go to one game when the Angels are in town so I can see Mike Trout.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BleedRedsRed said:

 

It was obviously the intention to start preparing Senzel to be the primary heir to 2B in 2019 in case they traded Scoot at the deadline. Their is no reason he couldn't handle the situation, any speedy third baseman can handle 2B. Sure there is some hand skills that could be refined but the difference in his bat vs Iglesias makes it a no brainer.

Ultimately I am more rooting for it than expecting it, but for me this becomes a serious PR situation for the Reds front office. Yesterday (before the Scooter injury) Senzel's agent attacked the Reds decision to demote him. 

While it seems clear to me that the Reds are manipulating service time, it also seems like a semi reasonable excuse with Puig/Winker/Kemp/Schebler that the Reds could afford to send Senzel down and still maintain they are actually trying to make the playoffs this season. With Scooter gone that excuse completely flies out the window and as a (fanatic) fan I am going to be supremely pissed if Castellini doesn't do the right thing here. I usually drive a couple hours to catch 5 or 6 games a year but if this BS continues I might just go to one game when the Angels are in town so I can see Mike Trout.

If you read through the posts, one discusses the large amount of RHP they face out of the gate and how that could have factored in.

Link to post
Share on other sites

President of baseball operations DICK Williams says he won’t be coming up.  Going to continue to develop in the OF where they have 19 major league ready options already.  Cool.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

President of baseball operations DICK Williams says he won’t be coming up.  Going to continue to develop in the OF where they have 19 major league ready options already.  Cool.

 

Riiiight... The best part of this is going to be after they call Senzel up with Scooter still out another month and put him in a 5 player OF rotation and then decide that they'd rather have Schebler/Kemp than Iglesias in the lineup and play him at 2B.

Edited by BleedRedsRed
Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point Senzel looks down for a while maybe the June super 2 cutoff. Unless Reds get zero from CF and Senzel rakes crazy and stays healthy his arrival seems later not sooner. Maybe Senzel agent really touched a nerve with his posturing but he seems to have done Senzel no favours. early in the the preseason there was chatter about Senzel breaking camp as a MLB player. But all involved publicly now say he is demoted for his own good and will allow him to learn CF and to show he can stay healthy. As for what the reds do beats me but starting Thursday we get to see Plan A.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hailfire4 said:

At this point Senzel looks down for a while maybe the June super 2 cutoff. Unless Reds get zero from CF and Senzel rakes crazy and stays healthy his arrival seems later not sooner. Maybe Senzel agent really touched a nerve with his posturing but he seems to have done Senzel no favours. early in the the preseason there was chatter about Senzel breaking camp as a MLB player. But all involved publicly now say he is demoted for his own good and will allow him to learn CF and to show he can stay healthy. As for what the reds do beats me but starting Thursday we get to see Plan A.

Doubt he stay down that long. Remember scooter is out also. You think Iglesias is going to hit??? Doubt it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

MAN if he could just get PT in that lineup I'm sure he'd be a very valuable fantasy asset WITH multiple position eligibility. 

I can't picture a situation where he isn't up end of April/ beg. on May. With the way he's hit in ST, and the comments from his agent.. They would only be hurting themselves if they keep him down any longer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hailfire4 said:

At this point Senzel looks down for a while maybe the June super 2 cutoff.

I think the mid-April deadline (I forgot which day it actually is in the middle of April) is more likely for salvaging a bit of service time by the Reds, and Senzel coming up then. I still think it's stupid he's not starting the season in the majors, and even more so with the injury to Scooter, but c'est la vie.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...