NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dennis Schröder 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, kosomeone said:

Experts expected him to pass a lot but all he's been doing is scoring. 

Pretty much averaging 15 and 5 right now. Why don't any of you guys look at his teammates shooting percentages before bashing him?? He can't get dimes if they are missing shots..

Korver - 42%

Bazemore - 27%

Milsap - 41%

Dwight gets a ton of post ups so you can't get dimes from that.

Edited by chud12
52 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Pretty much averaging 15 and 5 right now. Why don't any of you guys look at his teammates shooting percentages before bashing him?? He can't get dimes if they are missing shots..

Korver - 42%

Bazemore - 27%

Milsap - 41%

I was gonna say the same thing his teammates are trash shooters lol Korver can't do anything but catch and shoot in which he's not shooting it well at all and bazemore is just garbage. 

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

Korver - 42%

Bazemore - 27%

Milsap - 41%

3 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

I was gonna say the same thing his teammates are trash shooters lol Korver can't do anything but catch and shoot in which he's not shooting it well at all and bazemore is just garbage. 

thats no excuse 

westbrook has a team full of players who shoot less than 42 % as well yet he gets a lot.

So a few weeks in, how do you guys rate Schröder? I drafted him with quite some confidence that he was going to be at least top #80, but so far it has been a bit of a struggle. On the season he's ranked #150 in total numbers, and #161 in avarage numbers, talking 9-cat league. With 6.2 assists per game and 3.3 turnovers per came, including some pretty poor shooting from the field and the charity stripe (for a guard), he's not helping my team much. Same goes for his trade value, which is not high at the moment. 

Of course there is the upside, but there's a lot of intriguing options amongst the free agents too. Are you guys giving him the time to develop as a starter in the NBA running a pretty good team, or would you move on for a hot FA?

I certainly wouldn't drop him this early in the season. He's a young PG who's still developing and fitting into his role. He's got the whole season to make improvements and get better. Dropping him now would be a terrible decision based on a limited sample size.

1 minute ago, tremixt said:

His game doesn't profile well. It never has. I don't even see Teague upside here. 

'He is averaging 16/4/6 and hasn't even played well yet, whatl the heck are you talking about here,,,

Edited by chud12
9 minutes ago, chud12 said:

'He is averaging 16/4/6 and hasn't even played well yet well the heck are you talking about here,,,

Relax. For fantasy purposes, he doesn't profile well. It's like Evan Turner's days in Philly. The numbers look good, but their popcorn stats. He doesn't get stocks, and his 3's made per game aren't as high as you'd need them to be to balance out some of the other categories. 

He may improve his shooting, especially ft% which is not acceptable for his position, but his stocks and 3's, and possible turnover issues aren't something I see getting significantly better as the season progresses.

Just think about it. He's averaging 16/4/6 and is currently ranked #149 in 9 cat leagues. If that doesn't speak to his deficiencies in regards to fantasy, then I don't know what else to say.

Edited by tremixt