NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dennis Schröder 2016-2017 Season Outlook

He most definitely is not an efficient player at this stage of his career.

That being said, he gets assists (rare category) and he still has room to improve on his %s. I suspect the TO will be an issue all year, but it comes with the inexperience and handling the ball as he does.

I would most definitely not drop him after 1 terrible game. It happens. I also suspect his coach will talk to him sternly and he will focus on taking better care of the ball.

Missed shots happens, I didnt see if they were bad shots or just typical shots for him that didnt fall. Additionally,  early tip offs are notorious for messing with guys rhythm.

Maybe I am optimistic cause I am owner but I think this is a low point for Dennis

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Jbeezy said:

He most definitely is not an efficient player at this stage of his career.

That being said, he gets assists (rare category) and he still has room to improve on his %s. I suspect the TO will be an issue all year, but it comes with the inexperience and handling the ball as he does.

I would most definitely not drop him after 1 terrible game. It happens. I also suspect his coach will talk to him sternly and he will focus on taking better care of the ball.

Missed shots happens, I didnt see if they were bad shots or just typical shots for him that didnt fall. Additionally,  early tip offs are notorious for messing with guys rhythm.

Maybe I am optimistic cause I am owner but I think this is a low point for Dennis

Would anyone ACTUALLY drop him though? He's a guy who's averaging 16/6 as a starter on a playoff contender, and he's been producing well up until now. You would literally have to be the most impatient GM ever to drop a guy like him after one bad game.

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Would anyone ACTUALLY drop him though? He's a guy who's averaging 16/6 as a starter on a playoff contender, and he's been producing well up until now. You would literally have to be the most impatient GM ever to drop a guy like him after one bad game.

A few posts before me said it might be time to move on or look for other options. I wouldnt but maybe impatient owners would.

39 minutes ago, fabrar said:

In real life? Maybe. In fantasy?   No. 

8 minutes ago, The Jaguar Paw said:

Really glad that I stayed put and didn't trade my Oladipo for Dennis
I mean, Dipo's having a horrible season but is slightly getting better and will verly likely turn out to be much better than Schroder

That would've been a horrible trade regardless if Dipo is having a bad season so far. 

7 hours ago, fabrar said:

He's a solid drop in standard roto leagues with all his negatives imho. But can see the appeal on head to head teams that are punting, or good enough to wait and see if he turns it around. Did this kid have any top 100/50 flashes last year? Is he a rich man's Tony Wroten? (In a fantasy sense, not real life sense) 

Edited by bobbyhurley
Clarity
14 hours ago, megaplayboy said:

That would've been a horrible trade regardless if Dipo is having a bad season so far. 

There was definitely a sweet spot couple weeks ago where you could've reasonably pulled this off IMO.

11 hours ago, bobbyhurley said:

He's a solid drop in standard roto leagues with all his negatives imho. But can see the appeal on head to head teams that are punting, or good enough to wait and see if he turns it around. Did this kid have any top 100/50 flashes last year? Is he a rich man's Tony Wroten? (In a fantasy sense, not real life sense) 

You're right, he is a tough hold in standard roto, but you can't drop him now.  He won't stay like this all year and you'll be kicking yourself when he gets back to his earlier form on someone else's team.  Just hold and bench him.  I'm trying to buy-low where I can.  Atlanta has barely any PG depth so they have to give him minutes.  Bud was probably just trying to send him a message last game by benching him.  Don't forget, they didn't trade Jeff Teague away to let Delaney/Hardaway Jr. take the reins.

7 hours ago, skiteam14 said:

There was definitely a sweet spot couple weeks ago where you could've reasonably pulled this off IMO.

You're right, he is a tough hold in standard roto, but you can't drop him now.  He won't stay like this all year and you'll be kicking yourself when he gets back to his earlier form on someone else's team.  Just hold and bench him.  I'm trying to buy-low where I can.  Atlanta has barely any PG depth so they have to give him minutes.  Bud was probably just trying to send him a message last game by benching him.  Don't forget, they didn't trade Jeff Teague away to let Delaney/Hardaway Jr. take the reins.

Totally agree with you that the opportunity is there, can't see the Hawks moving away from him.  

But there's strong evidence that this guy's real life game doesn't translate to fantasy even if he was in form. I wouldn't be fussed about the recent bad games, I'd be worried that even in good form there's a good chance he'll struggle to scratch the top 100 in 9 cat. 

I was just looking at his per 36 numbers from last year. 20 and 7 but ranked at #197 (#156 in per 36 value this year), so it's not like he was one of those guys that were automatically going to be fantasy studs given minutes. And this is a situation where he's a much better real life player than this - but he looks like he needs to improve a lot just to be a fringe nine cat guy. In punt scenarios and 8 cat leagues go crazy with him, but the more I look at him I'd be trying to move those popcorn stats, or just drop if I couldn't get something done before a good pickup came on the radar. 

Hope he turns it around though! 

8 minutes ago, VelvetMerkin said:

I wouldn't mind all the missed shots and turnovers if he learned to get stocks. Elfrid Payton I've held on to because of the steals. Schroder just needs to add the steals and his fantasy value will jump.

If only, our boy looking helpless on the court once more :(