NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jahlil Okafor 2016-2017 Season Outlook

58 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

I grabbed him hoping that it will plan out. It could hurt especially with Joel coming back soon which usually results in him being a CD- DNP. I would like to think that he will be "Showcased" as much as possible but you never really know. The way I see it, if you are in the hunt for a big with decent potential you grab. If you don't need him don't grab him. 

I don't really care if he plays or not, I'm gonna hold him until the trade deadline. Not really a big fan of Okafor, FT%/injuries/New System are concerns. I picked him up and see him as a trade asset, if he plays well I can send him for someone I want.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, JohnnyTsunami said:

I don't think he can coexist in the modern NBA along side Jokić, but who knows 

they need a Sanders, Deandre Jordan type of player next to Jokic. 

Nurkic or Okafor are players who need the ball too much in their hands. Jordan and Sanders can play some good defense and don't require too many touches. 

1 minute ago, ryanii said:

I just don't see Bulls is a decent destination for him

With the way he has played there is no decent destination for him.

A big who doesn't rebound, rim protect, stretch the floor, create for others or the defend the pick and roll won't really fit in anywhere well.

18 minutes ago, BBOY said:

With the way he has played there is no decent destination for him.

A big who doesn't rebound, rim protect, stretch the floor, create for others or the defend the pick and roll won't really fit in anywhere well.

I agree with every description you said and I'm talking about the clear path of minutes. Nurkic, who is nearly as bad in every catergory except rebounding, has landed on a team that he may be able to produce. Okafor will be playing behind RoLo and they can't co-exist which would limit his playing time.

10 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Seems like he's headed to Chicago. Who would Sixers have asked for? Taj? It would make sense for them to ask for a PG or a scoring wing, but who's a wing trading chip from Bulls? Valentine?

Valentine and multiple picks.

Really the Sixers don't need very much. They are closer than many realize.

They have some good picks coming this year....high ones too...could get a combo guard like Fultz or a wing like Josh, Tatum or Issac....and they have draft stashed another SG in Korkmaz. 

TJ looks like a fine backup....they still have Bayless who hasn't played but will next year and he can start with Ben Simmons who'll effectively be the point guard. 

The only spot that could really be improved in Chasson Randle's...with a Denzel Valentine. They also could use another SF behind Covington...or one that could be better than him...that's not McBuckets as he is isn't better than Cov and while he is ok for the bench he is coming up for a pay day. No bueno.

Imo that would be Josh Jackson or Jonathan Issac in the draft most likely.

Getting some future picks for Okafor would be most vital as they can worry about it at a later date as they don't have enough roster spots for filler type players.

Edited by BBOY
4 minutes ago, BBOY said:

Valentine and multiple picks.

Really the Sixers don't need very much. They are closer than many realize.

They have some good picks coming this year....high ones too...could get a combo guard like Fultz or a wing like Josh, Tatum or Issac....and they have draft stashed another SG in Korkmaz. 

TJ looks like a fine backup....they still have Bayless who hasn't played but will next year and he can start with Ben Simmons who'll effectively be the point guard. 

The only spot that could really be improved in Chasson Randle's...with a Denzel Valentine. They also could use another SF behind Covington...or one that could be better than him...that's not McBuckets as he is coming up to a pay day. That would be Josh Jackson or Jonathan Issac in the draft most likely.

Getting some future picks for Okafor would be most vital as they can worry about it later as they don't have enough roster spots for filler type players.

Or maybe an upgrade at the 4? Someone more consistent and better than Ersan? But they can also can just develop the Homie there or play Simmons as a point forward and get an upgrade at the combo PG

6 hours ago, HumanTorchSC30 said:

trade him to the bulls please 

Why do you want him on the Bulls? For once can you please just not put up nonsense. As a Bulls fan, I would like to know why you want him on the Bulls and what do you think Chicago should give up for him?

Looks like it's coming down to Bulls or Pels. I can see him co-existing with AD, as an old fashioned back to the basket big, with AD to erase his defensive shortcomings. The Pels have tried many other 5s and failed (Omer Asik....) They want AD at the 4.

I'm not sure I see him doing well on the Bulls, however. RoLo is not going away. The two cannot play together. Someone please help me understand. Why are we excited for him to go to the Bulls?

2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

Or maybe an upgrade at the 4? Someone more consistent and better than Ersan? But they can also can just develop the Homie there or play Simmons as a point forward and get an upgrade at the combo PG

Yeah I wonder if they'll resign Ersan. Thing is by next year I think they'll realize they already have 2 power forwards better than him....Dario saric and Ben Simmons like you said.

Yup and theoretically, in a Bulls trade , the combo pg upgrade would be Valentine..or E Moore or Holiday from the Pelicans but Holiday is a FA. They are all weak returns that's why the pick (s) are paramount 

Edited by BBOY