NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2016 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, Experienced Rookie said:

There's no reason this couldn't happen.  His WR group has to be in the top 10 in the league.  Add in the fact that he has 2 very capable receiving RBs, and it would take an epic fail to not at least carve out a league average status. 

Ah, but "epic fail" is Geno's middle name. Really. It's on his driver's license: "Geno Epic Fail McLovin' Smith".

Reports currently under development indicate Geno has punched Fitzpatrick in the jaw and broken his beard.

I do agree about Forte / Powell though. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wilkerson contract came in at 10M, so the Jets have between 8.7 and 9.1M in cap space depending on the source.  They could restructure contracts or cut players to get to the 12M they've offered Fitzpatrick.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2016/07/what_is_jets_salary_cap_situation_after_mo_wilkers.html

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/breer-ryan-fitzpatrick-jets-won-bet-being-firm-contract-offer

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/06/nfl-new-york-jets-ryan-fitzpatrick-contract-stalemate-explained

Edited by Iron-cock

Not sure what this means but...

Jason La Canfora Verified account ‏@JasonLaCanfora

Some who know Ryan Fitzpatrick well believe his standoff with the Jets will end sooner rather than later.

7:44 AM - 27 Jul 2016

26 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

That's a lot of money to pay a backup QB.

meh. I'd rather Fitzy over Geno any day. Although it would have been interesting to see what Geno could have accomplished (we still may get to see it, if there's some major injury to Fitzy...)

6 minutes ago, este said:

meh. I'd rather Fitzy over Geno any day. Although it would have been interesting to see what Geno could have accomplished (we still may get to see it, if there's some major injury to Fitzy...)

I don't believe it will take an injury...

22 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

I don't believe it will take an injury...

If he plays like he did last year and doesnt get hurt, we wont see Geno at all unless it's a blowout.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, dabeesta17 said:

HAHA!! These are the first Fitzpatrick posts since he signed his contract. Not a sexy pick, but keeps producing in fantasy and the real world.

True, but he won't be facing a Rob Ryan defense every week...