NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2016 Season Outlook

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

I've started Fitzmagic every week and I'm 3-1 and in second place in my league. 

Receipts, UPC, and proof of purchase

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RolandoRoomes said:

I would be very surprised if he does not average 25 points over the next 4 weeks. Might have 30 week 8 in Cleveland

I would be surprised if he plays 25 more snaps in the next 4 quarters. This guy sucks period.

Todd Bowles is revisiting starting Geno Smith!!! 

"I did (revisit the idea of starting Smith) and when I discuss it with the staff, when they know, then everybody else will know. If I decide to make a move, they'll know tomorrow."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000723764/article/bowles-revisits-starting-geno-smith-over-fitzpatrick?campaign=Ext_Email_1st10_20161019&cvosrc=Ext_Email.Epsilon.1st10_20161019

It's really not a bad schedule over the next few weeks for Fitz...Cleveland who has allowed the most points to QB's, the Dolphins who aren't all that far behind and then the Rams at home.  I could see Fitz evening up that TD to INT ratio over the next few games.

I know he'll melt down again at some point but he has shown the ability to put up fantasy points for limited stretches....We could be ready for one of those limited stretches. 

Don't get me wrong...Not advocating him.  But for people in larger leagues that might have to decide from guys like A Smith, Osweiler, Bortles, Bradford, Siemien or Cutler during bye weeks he could be a reasonable option.

I saw the last time he got benched (with HOU), he came back & threw 6 TD's in his 1st start back. Not saying he'll do that this week @ CLE, but I could see 275 & 2-3 TD's. He looked good coming back in last week. Maybe an angry Fitz is a good thing?

Throws 11ints and gets mad because he's benched saying that it's okay if the coaches and GM gave up on him, he didn't give up on himself.

C'MON MANNNNNNNN

coach Todd Bowles replied with the perfect response.

Of course, some tried to breathlessly turn this into "There's an escalating WAR OF WORDS developing between Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Jets front office!"

Actually, it was two grown ups expressing themselves. The way grown ups do. Next question.

See no issue with this conversation. refreshing to see honest communication in this arena...Better than the corporate discourse we see from most of these characters.

Fitz is a stand up guy who has numerous times taken responsibility for his play. No surprise that the locker room supported and supports him. Easy for the media and fans to pile on a player. Harder for a player to not blame others for their situation (G Smith). Hard not to root for this guy imo.

not the most ideal weather conditions forecast for Cleveland this Sunday - nothing catastrophic, mind you, but ... might be time to fire up the Browns D

( tbh, I be rolling Fitz out in one league if i can snag him after waivers clear)

1 minute ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Fitz is always a good play, if your league doesn't penalize for sacks, ints, pick 6s...

Yup. 

Plus opposing QBs have thrown multiple TD passes in 15 of CLE's last 16 games. I'd start him over Rivers (@DEN) this week. 

1 minute ago, joshua18 said:

Yup. 

Plus opposing QBs have thrown multiple TD passes in 15 of CLE's last 16 games. I'd start him over Rivers (@DEN) this week. 

Maybe we would all be best served to just talk bad about Fitz for this week. Do we really need everyone on the train? Isnt the Cleveland D really trending upwards and shouldn't they be dominating the Jets this week.

9 minutes ago, Gravy said:

Firing him up in Daily. Best value play at qb in my opinion.

I'm a bit leery of him as the best play at QB on the road, possibly in the rain.  He's a bit pricy at $6200 on draft kings. I'd want him to return about 25 points at that price in a GPP.

The following QBs are cheaper and have decent matchups:

Palmer on the Road vs CAR (30th)
Mariota at home vs JAX (17th) (THURS)
Jameis at home vs OAK (27th)

I wouldn't be surprised if Fitz has a good game, but at the same time I'm not sure that he's the best value play.

4 minutes ago, Gravy said:

Maybe we would all be best served to just talk bad about Fitz for this week. Do we really need everyone on the train? Isnt the Cleveland D really trending upwards and shouldn't they be dominating the Jets this week.

you should see the Geno thread if you think Fitz is getting talked about bad..

3 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I'm a bit leery of him as the best play at QB on the road, possibly in the rain.  He's a bit pricy at $6200 on draft kings. I'd want him to return about 25 points at that price in a GPP.

The following QBs are cheaper and have decent matchups:

Palmer on the Road vs CAR (30th)
Mariota at home vs JAX (17th) (THURS)
Jameis at home vs OAK (27th)

I wouldn't be surprised if Fitz has a good game, but at the same time I'm not sure that he's the best value play.

I agree with you as far as those numbers go. Im on Yahoo and they have:

Palmer on the road vs Car $29 

Jameis @ home vs Oak $35 same as Luck and Brees

Fitz is only $26 the cheapest outside of Jay Cutler for $25 that is actually starting

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Same here.  Have you considered Osweiler as well in a juicy match-up?  

I grabbed Osweiler first but decided to go with Fitz, coming off the benching. I think it was posted earlier in this thread that Fitz had 6 TDs after his last benching/demotion. 

Now, Im not expecting 6 more...would be nice but a 250 yrd 2-3 scores, one of which is to Marshall would be nice.

Osweiler is a great backup for Rivers. Hes got a good matchup @Oak in week 11 too...but can you trust him to perform?

Edited by Gryfter