NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2016 Season Outlook

24 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

I grabbed Osweiler first but decided to go with Fitz, coming off the benching. I think it was posted earlier in this thread that Fitz had 6 TDs after his last benching/demotion. 

Now, Im not expecting 6 more...would be nice but a 250 yrd 2-3 scores, one of which is to Marshall would be nice.

Osweiler is a great backup for Rivers. Hes got a good matchup @Oak in week 11 too...but can you trust him to perform?

I'm not totally sold Os should be getting as bad a rap criticism right now.  IRRC his his worse games have come against some of the best pass D's on the road. 

I know he's been terrible but those D's have basically shut everyone down.

He may have the better match-up this week, even over Fitz because:

(1) Lions are just as bad defending the pass, should be more of a shoot-out

(2) Jets could take air out of the ball early with a lead and run Forte.  Jets D could dominate with a score.

(3) Lions No Slay, I read they are down to some real scrubs at corner.

(4) Weather in Cleveland may have rain, Jets on the road, Texans in dome at home.

(5) Miller injured and probably won't be 100 percent.  Texans may air this one out more than usual.

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

I'm not totally sold Os should be getting as bad a rap criticism right now.  IRRC his his worse games have come against some of the best pass D's on the road. 

I know he's been terrible but those D's have basically shut everyone down.

He may have the better match-up this week, even over Fitz because:

(1) Lions are just as bad defending the pass, should be more of a shoot-out

(2) Jets could take air out of the ball early with a lead and run Forte.  Jets D could dominate with a score.

(3) Lions No Slay, I read they are down to some real scrubs at corner.

(4) Weather in Cleveland may have rain, Jets on the road, Texans in dome at home.

(5) Miller injured and probably won't be 100 percent.  Texans may air this one out more than usual.

Stafford is also so Jekyll and Hyde; when you expect him to have a good game, he doesnt.

Everyone is underselling Cleveland's offense. Josh McCown upgrades Barnidge and Pryor.

Believe me, all the points you mentioned are not lost on me; I've been going back and forth all week between the 2. 

Theres always Alex Smith...1 sec...2 sec...muahahahahaahah I couldnt keep a straight face longer than that. 

Edited by Gryfter
1 minute ago, Gryfter said:

Stafford is also so Jekyll and Hyde; when you expect him to have a good game, he doesnt.

Everyone is underselling Cleveland's offense. Josh McCown upgrades Barnidge and Pryor.

Believe me, all the points you mentioned are not lost on me; I've been going back and forth all week between the 2. 

Theres always Alex Smith...1 sec...2 sec...muahahahahaahah I couldnt keep a straight face longer than that. 

Same here but like you I am leaning towards starting Fitz mainly because of the "I'll show you, benching factor".  

But if the weather isn't good come Sunday, I won't have any reservations playing Os, I think lol.

Smith?.....no can't go there with him.

24 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Same here but like you I am leaning towards starting Fitz mainly because of the "I'll show you, benching factor".  

But if the weather isn't good come Sunday, I won't have any reservations playing Os, I think lol.

Smith?.....no can't go there with him.

Same here, Mr. Wonderlic from Harvard.

4 hours ago, Gryfter said:

Stafford isn't good on the road. He's being propped up bc his last 3 games have been at home and his first road game was at Indy. 

His performance at CHI is what can be realistically expected. 

I was not afraid at all to start Fitz over Rivers this week but the JETS said that a perfect game plan would involve limited Fitz. This does worry me a bit but man, this game is gonna be up and down.

last year in the CLE/NYJ game it would have ended very close but McCown got hurt and Johnny football came in. The score this week should be a combined 50 points and I like those odds for Fitzmagic

2 minutes ago, NightWolfNightmares said:

I just picked up Fitz to sit rivers. 

I'm def. nervous with the rain. 

How you feel about guys like Alex Smith and Cousins if they were on your waive ? 

Iam doubling down...I have Nuc and going with Osweiler. Cousins is a nice play...