NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ryan Fitzpatrick 2016 Season Outlook

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, topshelf10 said:

Doesn't some rain make it better for the WR?

Can't believe I am in a must win and jumped on Fitz for this week

Didn't start mariota because of Thursday game

And big Ben on a bye

And I won't pick up Asswiper of the texans

Rain makes a QB less likely to have a good week.  I never really ran the numbers for WRs just assumed it carries over. 

Is it even going to be raining by gametime?

27 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Lots of paralysis by analysis here. If you have a QB facing CLE, he's going to throw at least 2 TDs if recent history is any indication (15 of last 16 CLE opponents). That's a great bye week fill-in.

Thank you for being the voice of reason. People overthink this stuff too much sometimes. 

On 10/29/2016 at 3:21 AM, theSPANKER said:

Same here but like you I am leaning towards starting Fitz mainly because of the "I'll show you, benching factor".  

But if the weather isn't good come Sunday, I won't have any reservations playing Os, I think lol.

Smith?.....no can't go there with him.

LOL!!!

All that back and forth, we wouldve been better off starting Rivers.

On 10/30/2016 at 9:32 AM, joshua18 said:

Lots of paralysis by analysis here. If you have a QB facing CLE, he's going to throw at least 2 TDs if recent history is any indication (15 of last 16 CLE opponents). That's a great bye week fill-in.

Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 16-of-34 passes for 228 yards and a touchdown in the Jets' Week 8 win over the Browns.

5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick completed 16-of-34 passes for 228 yards and a touchdown in the Jets' Week 8 win over the Browns.

yep, and Forte and Powell ate big time - was still a better start than Oz, who tossed a pick, and lagged back in yds

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yep, and Forte and Powell ate big time - was still a better start than Oz, who tossed a pick, and lagged back in yds

Fitz's biggest problem was drops.  I recall a few bad ones by Enunwa and Anderson.

5 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Fitz's biggest problem was drops.  I recall a few bad ones by Enunwa and Anderson.

He got off to a slow start, but 2nd half adjustments were good. Fitz would've had  almost 300 & probably a 2nd TD if not for the drops

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is third time this year Fiztpatrick's been forced back into action due to injury after being benched (and his Jets tenure for all intents and purposes ended).

We're seeing some bizarre evens transpire this season. Crazy.

State of the league.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre
  • 10 months later...

seems like he is now in the streamable mix....

Jameis Winston (shoulder) will be shut down for "at least" the next two weeks.

An MRI apparently revealed "more damage," but nothing structural. The time is certainly right to shut Winston down after he failed to finish two of the past four games. Winston also appeared in need of a mental reset after Sunday's blowout loss in New Orleans. These will be the first games Winston has missed in his three-year NFL career. Ryan Fitzpatrick will get the Week 10 start against the Jets, and be on the streaming radar against his former team.
1 hour ago, herschel said:

what if evans suspension doesnt get overturned?

I wrote this before the suspension. Haha. Still think he could string together a decent game with the existing weapons. 250 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

I'd probably choose Dalton, Beathard over him.