NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Simmons 2016-2017 season outlook

4 hours ago, CFN said:

Bad fundamentals. Always bend your knees when you shoot, even if you're not jumping.

Hope that foot heals up tho. Can't wait to see this guy in action.

i'm thinking, bigger version of rajonrondo. terrible shooting though. and yes no fundamentals. Tim duncan rollin over in his grave. 

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why would he be uncomfortable releasing a timetable? Doesn't sound like he's anywhere close to returning

76ers coach Brett Brown said Ben Simmons is "coming along fine."

Brown said he's not "comfortable" revealing Simmons' timetable, but added that the point forward will be integrated more and more in the weeks ahead. That includes weight lifting, form shooting and classroom work. Simmons was seen dribbling and shooting at Monday's practice, but he's very difficult to stash in standard leagues because his return date is up in the air.

36 minutes ago, canilogon said:

Would people consider stashing him in a keeper leauge if there team was out of it?? Plus have an injury slot

Nothing like getting your hopes up that there's good news breaking only to find out it was just the worst question anyone could have possibly asked regarding Ben Simmons.

50 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Simmons, per Brown, did nothing on-court, basketball related today. Did say that as Simmons gets closer, extra bounce to personality.

lmao, wtf does that mean. "extra bounce to personality" doesn't transfer to championships. I need this boy back on the court getting minutes and STATs.

Just now, happymedium11 said:

lmao, wtf does that mean. "extra bounce to personality" doesn't transfer to championships. I need this boy back on the court getting minutes and STATs.

i think it means as he is getting closer to doing basketball stuff that simmons is getting more excited. still don' think he will be fantasy relevant at all this year

2 hours ago, cdd10 said:

i think it means as he is getting closer to doing basketball stuff that simmons is getting more excited. still don' think he will be fantasy relevant at all this year

that would suck cuz i drafted him and stashed him to now. well we'll see. i just don't want  him to get the norlens noel bitchslap treatment of random 4 min /game nights followed by 8 min nights. why don't they just trade noel. such disrespect. f--- i wouldn't even show up to practice if they played me 7min/night with random sit outs. 

12 hours ago, happymedium11 said:

that would suck cuz i drafted him and stashed him to now. well we'll see. i just don't want  him to get the norlens noel bitchslap treatment of random 4 min /game nights followed by 8 min nights. why don't they just trade noel. such disrespect. f--- i wouldn't even show up to practice if they played me 7min/night with random sit outs. 

Which team would sign him if he doesn't show up to practice and doesnt show any professionalism?

i think sixers are working on the trade but I think it won't be as simple as those few clicks you do in yahoo or espn fantasy website

Edited by playadelrey
3 hours ago, playadelrey said:

Which team would sign him if he doesn't show up to practice and doesnt show any professionalism?

i think sixers are working on the trade but I think it won't be as simple as those few clicks you do in yahoo or espn fantasy website

true dat. good pts. but i think the way the sixers are treating him is pretty s--- too. i honestly don't blame him. at least its better than rondo who probably can take a crap on his bench cuz he doesn't ever have to move all game. 

On 1/6/2017 at 4:23 PM, cdd10 said:

How do you define "fantasy relevant"? I'm in a 16 team, 15 man roster competitive league. That's 240 players off the board right out of the gate. So, anyone in the top 240 is fantasy relevant in my league, plus any guys who are filling in for injuries, plus any rookies or unknowns who are earning some PT and are trending up. So you might say that 240-260 guys are fantasy relevant in my league.

Where are you guessing he ranks on average once he start playing? I'm guessing top 200 once he's up to full speed. That's a good add in my books for my particular league.