NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ben Simmons 2016-2017 season outlook

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad a sold out just before the all star break. Big score. Tough break for those who hung on though. I feel for ya, I currently have him in a dynasty league. Now I enter the off-season with no data on him at all.

Edited by Spyplane

As a 76ers fan, this news sucks, but it honestly doesn't hurt the bigger picture. I honestly don't know why people are making such a big deal out of ROTY; who cares if he wins... I just want to see the 76ers keep winning. Regardless, the process is still in full effect. They need the picks to convey that they have now so that they can draft a few more building blocks. We now know Embiid is a franchise player, Covington is the glue guy, Saric is sensational, and Simmons will be another cornerstone that this franchise needs. I'd rather the team take baby steps to reach the success than rush it at the expense of their younger player's health; Embiid should be monitored the rest of the season, and Simmons just needs to chill, and make sure he's ready to go next year. #TrustTheProcess 

Edited by MillerTime89
  • 4 months later...

I would draft him somewhere around #30. Would not want him as one of my top 2 players because he hasn't proven anything yet. I know he has the potential to be a top 10-15 fantasy player in a year or 2.

Sure some (maybe most) would rank him higher. They can take that chance. 

11 hours ago, dino10k said:

I would draft him somewhere around #30. Would not want him as one of my top 2 players because he hasn't proven anything yet. I know he has the potential to be a top 10-15 fantasy player in a year or 2.

Sure some (maybe most) would rank him higher. They can take that chance. 

No way I'd take him before the 6th round, you are way too high on him.

1 hour ago, dino10k said:

#1 pick in 2016 draft. Im talking about Dynasty League....... But for a re-draft league, 6th round with12 teams seems about right.

Why would he be available in a dynasty league?

I think SImmons will be a better player in reality than in fantasy. Unless he improves his FT%, FG% and TO, this guy might be hurting you in those 3 cats as much as he is helping you in assists and rebounds. In reality though, I think he will be a good player. has the size and speed. Hopefully he can learn how to shoot because that will be the key to his fantasy success

Wait and see approach... not that excited about simmons considering he hasn't played a single game yet, sixers are loaded with skilled youngies and everybody needs their touches and he ain't some great scorer or shooter. I wouldn't reach for him until late if your in a deep league.