NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, raaYUU said:

The breakout year is NOT real... smh I just don't like his game. Doesn't really even have an offensive game other than mid range shooting. 4th round pick.

Yup his blocks and 3s are garbage to #YEET

If he didnt hit thise two flukey 3s he would be having his typical Myles Hibbert type line.  He is too beta going after boards and demanding his shot in the inside.  Flails his arms around when going after rebounds like a helpless cornered animal.  Runs lime a goofy new born giraffe

7 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

If he didnt hit thise two flukey 3s he would be having his typical Myles Hibbert type line.  He is too beta going after boards and demanding his shot in the inside.  Flails his arms around when going after rebounds like a helpless cornered animal.  Runs lime a goofy new born giraffe

Myles Turner needs to read some pick up artist books to take his game to the next level.

Just now, omgwtfmate said:

Myles Turner needs to read some pick up artist books to take his game to the next level.

He really does.  His teammates walk all over him and treat him like the garbage man of the team.  He needs to realize his potential...stop settling for bail out passes for his point production and get alpha.  I can tell by the way he carries himself though that no pick up artist book can help him

Every game is a bit different from him lately... some 3s and low rebounds yesterday... last week was better on rebounds... usually consistent with blocks.  I see him up and down all year but likely to have the same production or improve throughout the year.  Minutes should stay or improve (if any, i.e. Jefferson, gets hurt), but he'll never be a top offensive option.  Others agree/disagree?  Buying?

2 minutes ago, Bosaii said:

Every game is a bit different from him lately... some 3s and low rebounds yesterday... last week was better on rebounds... usually consistent with blocks.  I see him up and down all year but likely to have the same production or improve throughout the year.  Minutes should stay or improve (if any, i.e. Jefferson, gets hurt), but he'll never be a top offensive option.  Others agree/disagree?  Buying?

I hope you only mean this year. Because, only a few years from now, he has the potential to have an offense ran through him. He's pretty good, and only getting better.

Good to see the blks trending back up today.

he's a second year player on a team full of vets... you guys need to be realistic with expectations and stop being a bunch of 'what have you done for me lately's. Be happy that he's able to contribute top 30 value even in the situation he's in.. and come fantasy playoffs I can see him playing even better.

The world does not revolve around your fantasy team.

1 minute ago, Em-City said:

Good to see the blks trending back up today.

he's a second year player on a team full of vets... you guys need to be realistic with expectations and stop being a bunch of 'what have you done for me lately's. Be happy that he's able to contribute top 30 value even in the situation he's in.. and come fantasy playoffs I can see him playing even better.

The world does not revolve around your fantasy team.

To me, in my sports world, it does.

Edited by summersoff7

the other thing to consider more than anything else is how many players give you elite blocks (2+per game) and decent rebounds(7+) without hurting you in FT% (70%+)?

I've gone for a build where i'm not tanking anything, and this type of player is invaluable. the only other guys who fit that category are:

davis

Giannis

embiid

horford

whiteside

robin lopez, ibaka, porzingis and durant comes close but are sitting on 1.8/1.7blk per game

my point is, to get this kind of production is really tricky and if your build is right, he's more valuable than his season rank suggests.

6 hours ago, kevonne said:

he said 70+%

gobert is a career 58.5% ft shooter and is at 66.4% this year

last time i checked both numbers are sub-70

Rgr,

except he included Rolo and Whiteside; neither hit that benchmark this year. So obviously some lenience is granted in the FT department, in which case Gobert is a pretty stellar part of this list. Especially considering the deliberate improvement on FT%.

you are right though, both figures are below 70 kevonne. Your diligence in securing mathematical integrity is probably unequaled.

10 hours ago, LuSamSiam said:

Whiteside should not be on that list. But for all intents and purposes, RoLo should be. He is 70%+ every year and if it weren't for him uncharacteristically shooting 2/6 the other night, he would be this year also.

Yep, i shouldn't have put Whiteside on the list, as he hurts the ft% and is under 70%.

The leniency was meant to be around the blk, with the reb and ft% being fixed.