Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Myles Turner 2016-2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, bhkim814 said:

just traded away Conley for this stud. 
 

 

Wow. That's a steal bro....to gauge his value, I was offered a straight up trade of Oladipo for him (I don't I'm taking it).

 

Seems those who slept him are now realizing the insane potential/upside. Trade opened my eyes up a bit....he might be more valuable then I'd anticipated.

 

Mid-Late 2nd rd value ROS not unreasonable to expect right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, IDatDude said:

 

Wow. That's a steal bro....to gauge his value, I was offered a straight up trade of Oladipo for him (I don't I'm taking it).

 

Seems those who slept him are now realizing the insane potential/upside. Trade opened my eyes up a bit....he might be more valuable then I'd anticipated.

 

Mid-Late 2nd rd value ROS not unreasonable to expect right?

 

Mild bias as an owner but I think he's gonna finish between 14-20 and that's being conservative. If you remember back to the Ibaka first rounder days it seems a lot more reasonable and then you add in the fact that Myles seems to be just as involved on offense, if not more, than Ibaka was at the time.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bonezi89 said:

 

 If you remember back to the Ibaka first rounder days it seems a lot more reasonable and then you add in the fact that Myles seems to be just as involved on offense, if not more, than Ibaka was at the time.  

 

  Myles is fluid on offense.  It's genetic for him.  Ibaka, for all his athleticism, never had that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gamecubesupreme said:

 

Nah, he was like this last year too. The first couple games with double digit rebounding was the anomaly.

 

Remember the rebounding is a genetic thing...Myles is missing the gene

 

On October 27, 2016 at 3:04 PM, jspeed said:

 

Yeah, he seemed clueless last year as far as positioning and timing.  I'm inclined to believe that rebounding is genetic so I'm only expecting 5 or 6 rebs/game.  if he's going to get 15 fgas up and take 5 fts though he's scoring 20 ppg and getting a couple blocks.

 

PS - learning to rebound has happened in the past (see Dirk Nowitzki) so we can't rule it out.

 

 

Edited by Jake the snake
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pdids911 said:

worth trading him to get mccollum? i have gobert, nurkic, jokic, tjones, and noah as my other bigs. 9 cat h2h, all around team, maybe punt FT. 

 

You will be elite in blocks with him, but average without. Your choice. But in a vacuum, McCollum is probably better. If Teague/Monta get it going, it might take away some looks from Turner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

if i have a chance to sell high and get draymond, is it worth it? 9 cat, h2h, 12 team. the offer i have on the table is myles and drose for draymond and jamal crawford. as much hate as rose has been getting, hes been great for me so far. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is hayward a good grab for this dude? It seems that blk is the anchor to his value. Esp since he's not an elite rebounder and his fg is good but not great unlike Ibaka who was doing 55% plus during those prime years.

Edited by deathrazor
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Is hayward a good grab for this dude? It seems that blk is the anchor to his value. Esp since he's not an elite rebounder and his fg is good but not great unlike Ibaka who was doing 55% plus during those prime years.

his blocks do anchor his value but he provides in other cats too. scoring is good, rebs are ok, steals are better than most big men, as he gets more comfortable he will sprinkle in more 3s as well. everyone needs to realize that this is the dudes 2nd year in the league. he can only improve as the season goes on. he has all the tools to be a full 9 cat player with huge blocks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...