NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bogaerts > Story in keeper league, right?

I own Story right now and have a large lead in my league. We keep 8 forever and I'm trying to consolidate/improve my keepers for next season while maintaining lead of course. 

We are a 4 x 4 without Ks so generally 3-5 closers are kept. They hold a ton of value. 

So im considering offering Story & Chapman for Bogaerts. I've always like Bogaerts but I'm wondering how much less Story really is. But I love Story and may have my blinders on owning him. 

Both 23 years old. We keep up to 8 forever. Here are my potential keepers as of now:

Bryce Harper

Paul Goldschmidt 
Mookie Betts
Dee Gordon
Edwin Encarnacion 
Jose Fernandez 
Jonathan Villar
Trevor Story
Jake Arrieta 
Carlos Carrasco 
Aroldis Chapman 
Andrew Miller 
David Dahl

Does acquiring Bogaerts make my keepers stronger?

I think it's worth a try, but I am not completely sure you are upgrading your team. You should hold your lead but if closers have that much value, I'm not so sure. 

I I think you do the deal and you can always find saves somewhere if needed. Maybe grab Kelley if he is still available? As the deadline comes and goes, current closers will be moved, new ones will pop up.

Awesome bunch of keepers here.  I just paid a ransom for Bogaerts in my keeper league, and am thrilled to have him.  Story, has been great, but I think it is worth the saves here, especially for the long term.  Good luck and thanks for the help with mine. 

My only concern is the hit you take losing Chapman this year.

I'm all in on Story, but Xander is phenomenal, and with a keep forever league, you should see him as he develops his power becoming a true 5 cat powerhouse.

If you can handle Chapman's loss, I'm good with it.

I'm pretty good at grabbing soon to be closers but the set up guys often grabbed too. 

That said, I currently have Colome, AMiller, & Estevez so I'm good with saves (barring Miller and/or Colome trades). 

Thanks to those who already responded. Also WHIR 

4 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

as long as you are good on saves, which you said you are....this is a deal you make for sure

what are your 4 offensive cats out of curiosity?

We use HR, SB, AVG, & runs produced (RBI + runs - HR) so RBI & runs still counted in 4 x 4. 

Pitching cats are W, saves, ERA, & K/BB

I'd do it. Story's power is sexy, but Bogaerts is blossoming into a .320-90-20-100-20 kind of player.... at shortstop. 

Add him to your already stellar keeper core of Harper, Mookie, Goldy, JoFer, Arrieta... and you'd have to have some rotten luck or terrible management to not reach the postseason in 2017. 

Archived